Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

172cup and Mk5 Golf GTi battles on the way home N/W meet

I was heading home from the meet last night, taking it easy ish and a car started to flash me, thought hmmmmm whos that...so slowed do to about 60 for them to catch up.....low and behold a 172 cup over took me, then it slowed down and let me over take aproaching a roundabout (should had stopped at the round about for a standing start battle.......

But, I love that roundabout lol...went into it in 3rd with the cup about 3-4 car lengths behind me, it was well behind after the roundabout and it wasn't catching me went up to about 140mph and thought thats a bit to fast for this road and slowed down lol thought it was Chris n' nic from the meet? If it was were you trying? lol

Then a few juctions down, "whats this a brand new white Mk5 Golf GTi mwhahaha" it was just setting of from a red light, I was doing about 5mph as I was braking for the red light, so I banged it in 1st must have got him abit of guard tbh....but he gave it ago, The hybrid pulled on him in 1st 2nd and 3rd, enough for me to pull in, in front of him. seemed a bit to easy really?

Sorry m8...wasn`t me I`m afraid....I wondered on your other post when you said we had a play on the way home...was only me, monkey and northy (and some slow mk1 172)
    Sounds good tho m8, wouldn`t have minded a few more blasts but the police car race was a little too close for comfort!

Chris

hmmmmm...wonder who it was then lol

could have been a 182? it was deffo light blue? just asumed it was you so didn't look in detail to see what it was, maybe it was a 1.2

maybe m8...you wouldn`t have been close enough to see me really

Chris

Banned
    My mates cup pulls nothing on me, that was before the rebuild muhahahahaha

Chris's Cup will, he and his car loves takin on Willys

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingMonkey
    Chris's Cup will, he and his car loves takin on Willys
    lol

Yeah, watching Chris' vids tuther day and it's one seriously quick car. Gearing almost reminds me of the ol' gearbox too... although the Cup is reving to 8k.... mmm revs

Banned
    Whats it had done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    Whats it had done to it?
    Think all it has is a gas flowed and ported poo pipe? I'm not sure Chris Im sure will enlighten.

Banned
    Oh right, well its no suprise then. I meanet my mates standard cup pulls nothing on me. :D

But i didnt go over 5k, so maybe i would have got him if i had taken it higher.