Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Electrical Gremlins

Evening all,

I should be picking my Williams up on Sunday :D . The owner has been quite honest with me and let me know all the problems. There are a few issues with the electrics, namely an intermittent non working of the passenger electric window - though this can be done from the drivers side. Also an intermittent rear wiper not working. And finally the heaters have stopped working !

Is this as easy as a few sticky switches and new heater matrix needed or is it a sign of complete electrical melt down ????

Any comments much appreciated

as far as am aware lecci window will be loose connection or crap switch, easy fix. rear wiper can be all sorts, motor switch or relay but reasonably cheap n not difficult.

heater matrix is a bitch to do tho yourself, check around this forum for details as it crops up all the time!! if u get sum1 do it for you n all cud cost a bit!!

If the window works sometimes i would say it is a dodgy connection somewhere, either in a switch (needs both to complete circuit) or the umbilical in the door shut.
    Rear wiper will be either the plug in the tailgate or the stalk itself.
    If the heaters are not blowing hot air it needs a new matrix which is booked as an 8 hour job, if it is blowing hot air but all/some of the speeds don't work it will be either the dropper resistor located under the windscreen attached to the blower motor or one of two plugs, one is located behind the actual control panel and the other plugs into the dropper resistor.

Mat.

as above - the window switch could also do with being stripped down and cleaned.....its worked on a mates car once....(p.s i also bent the metal connections as little )

Main ones to watch out for are ABS faults (if u have abs) - they can be very expensive to correct.

thanks a lot for the replies. looks like dodgy connections then

Forum User
    hi guys, my heater is not working either i spent the afternoon taking my dash out and it looks like spaghetti junction, not looking forword to putting it back and yes i did mark all the wires with masking tape and a pen, nightmare !

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    hi guys, my heater is not working either i spent the afternoon taking my dash out and it looks like spaghetti junction, not looking forword to putting it back and yes i did mark all the wires with masking tape and a pen, nightmare !
    Badger what was your problem ? was it blowing cold air ? or not blowing at all ?

Forum User
    it not blowing , tryed new switch ect, and theres power to it just hoping it works, time will tell as im hoping to get it back together in the morning !

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    it not blowing , tryed new switch ect, and theres power to it just hoping it works, time will tell as im hoping to get it back together in the morning !
    hate to tell you, but the matrix has nothing electrical about it, its just a small radiator. try the components above that matt suggests