Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

55mm drop on valver?

I was looking at droping my valver 55mm on these springs
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1438
    and obviously going as low as poss on the torsion bar at the back - as far as the front, where will it rub if anywhere if I drop it this much? Ive looked and it should clear the arch, its runnin on williams alloys with 195/50/15 rubber??

while im at it, how much lower will the back "roughly" go down?

Forum User
    wont go down with just shocks. you need to adjust the torsion bar. so do it as much as you like lol. dont forget the brake bias valve or it will eat your rear breaks ive heard as much as 90mm it can be dropped, no idea what sort of arch clearance you'd get tho

Forum User
    Not so much eat your rear brakes as lock the back end up and spin it round under heavy braking, will find back trying to over take the front lol

ive just dropped mine 55mm on the front and bout 60mm on the back but with 17's and cant have passenger in the back, soon to be raised and rid of the 17's! personally i think mine looks good low with the 17s but if i had 15's id go no more than 35mm front and back

mines crazy low and was on 17's so didnt notice! but with 15's its way low but i dont get any rubbing even with 5 peeps in the car but my rear shocks are seriously uprated!! car hardly moves!

Forum User
    mines dropped 55mm it sits quite low but not too low the tyres only slightly disapear into arches, handles ace thow

thanks for the input guys, ok for handling I think i'm going togo for a 50mm drop all round. Just a few questions...

1. how do you adjust the brake bias valve and where is it
    2. any tips on how to break the torsion bar free - apparently the splines rust
    3. is the handling alright with out changing any shocks? (I kno my shock will probs only last a year if that on these springs but thats not a problem)

thanks in advance

To get the torsion bars to free up use loads of WD40 and give them a good whack, they can both come out the same side BTW, you don't need the puller tool, you can just whack em both out the same side. 55mm springs will be ok on std shocks for a while, but don't expect them to last years.

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    to get the bar out use the socket and thread method, sometimes there so seized the slide hammer wont do it.
    Put wd40 on it about 2 days b4 u lower it

if ur lowering the front [expecially that much] buy new shocks and dampers for the back, renault ones wont last v long

good luck wit it fella

lower strut brace?

ok the drop is coming up soon, waitin until my insurance runs out next week and then not gonna insure it again until its lowered.

Now i'm putting a front upper strut brace on and was thinking about getting a lower one for the front, but is this gonna cause problems on a 50mm drop?

Also are rear upper braces worth it, or shall I jsut stick to the front?

cheers guys