Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Should i ditch the 17's???

Only had the Valver a few days and the tyres are pritty low, cars pulling to the left abit so preying its just tyre ware.

Am thinking of just sticking new tyre's on the 17's although i know its gonna be pricey, but it looks good and feels bloody quick. From reading posts most people say to get 15's but by just how much do the 17's slow you down?

Had 17's on my old nova, was a 1.2 so i did'nt mind going backwards :P (waits for Nova related abuse/ wtf is there a GTR badge on it) :P

Forum User
    ah.....yes.........erm........nice.........wheels. please don't do anything like that to your valver

yeah ditch the 17"s mate, you'll notice a difference in the handling deparment. the acceleration will be a bit better aswell.

17s lick balls.... there is a fair difference according to craig....

I got some 17s with my willy when I bought it....flogged them for 250 and spent it on the car

u'll notice a hugh difference putting 15's on mate in both acc and handling< biggest diff imo, trust me ive had 17's on my hybrid(valver) for the last 9 months and just gone back to 15's, do look good on 17's though. car pulling to the left could be tracking or wear in a suspension componant..would'nt imagine tyres would cause that.

As above 17's are pure rubbish, had them on mine and when i changed to 15's i noticed a hell of a difference in handling and acceleration. I've now got some lightweigh 16's with a low profile tyre that makes them smaller than original size, plus they're lighter and look better. best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Lover
    As above 17's are pure rubbish, had them on mine and when i changed to 15's i noticed a hell of a difference in handling and acceleration. I've now got some lightweigh 16's with a low profile tyre that makes them smaller than original size, plus they're lighter and look better. best of both worlds.
    but the tyres will cost a fooking bomb!

15's with 195/50's is the best IMO

Nice and cheap and best handling and acceleration!

ditch em!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott-16v!
    ah.....yes.........erm........nice.........wheels. please don't do anything like that to your valver
    Don't worry ive had my fill of body kits

am thinking possibly keep the 17's until winter is over, more grip in the wet and get used to how the car handels. And then in the summer wack some 15's on a be prepaired for a nice surprise

It wont grip any better with 17's! more likely to grip worse and aquaplane into a ditch! 17s suck on small cars.

get 15's on pronto...sell the 17's