Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Buying Advice Please

Quote Originally Posted by fab
    Quote Originally Posted by malbon

I wont settle for less than a minter Williams. What am I to do?
    Mint can be difficult to define.a car may be mint for one person however not so mint for another.

However,if you find an original unmolested full service history low mileage(below 50K) rust free and speedlines that do not require a refurb then expect to pay more than 5K.These are more likely to be found garaged and unused daily.
    remember you are looking at a car thats been on the market over 13 years now.

Seems like anything else for you will be a compromise.
    does that exist????? after 10/13 years of constant/partial road use you telling me that theres a set of speedlines on a williams be it 1,2,3 that do not require refurbing??? it only takes a small chip on the paint for the damp and wet to get underneath the paint and make it peel! (0001 is an exception tho )
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

easy now.

Dont mind if someone else has refurbed them ! - or if someone has had the car resprayed. As long as the wheels are in the right gold shade with the lip and the respray is done by someone who knows what they are doing and is the right shade then rock on !

Basically I want a car where all the work has been done because

a. I can afford it.
    b. I haven't got the time to piss around doing all these little jobs myself.

Not such a big request eh ??

....though seems to be proving to be !. Awaiting replies on emails !

fatboy youve gotta look further a field than the UK and you will find some exceptional examples.Very original and very likely the original wheels.
    saw a couple of swiss champions in a garage in monaco and i tell you they where ****ing gorgeous.i'd even prefer one to 0001!!
    its the UK weather that is corroding the willy in the UK.the UK models are awful for salty roads damp and RUST! So you better take care of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by fab
    fatboy youve gotta look further a field than the UK and you will find some exceptional examples.Very original and very likely the original wheels.
    saw a couple of swiss champions in a garage in monaco and i tell you they where f***king gorgeous.i'd even prefer one to 0001!!
    its the UK weather that is corroding the willy in the UK.the UK models are awful for salty roads damp and RUST! So you better take care of them!!
    agreed!!!! thats why mine hardly gets used in the winter!!!!bloody awful salty grit shite!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

but in all fairness the ones I saw @ the anglesey track day where/are very very tidy!think gaz still has original speedlines.possibly northy aswell.richy's must be also as he uses every other wheel except his original ones!
    search Malbon and you will find.but you will throw money at it no matter what you buy. best of luck.

Location: Williams Land Cars: Minty Williams 2 & Now 0171 - AV IT !
    mine are original so are gazs but they are far from perfect semi mint

"you will throw money at it"

amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin

Not AFAIK. 2 is softer than 1 and 3 is a lot softer than 2.
    How? Where? Why?

Suspension setup the same. Power output/delivery the same. Throttle response the same. Gearing the same. Brakes the same. Build quality (or lack of) the same. How's the 2 softer apart from electric mirrors have been added?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer a 1 just for the plaque. But the 2 surely drives the same? And the 3 much the same too?
    I meant as in heavier.
    Fair enough!