Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ICE Heads

ICE Heads

I'm looking to change the stereo and speakers in 123.....

I want to replace the front and rear speakers, i believe there are only 4 in the car......13cm/5" ones in the front doors, and some either side of the parcel shelf on the back.

Can anyone help me sort a good system out including headunit, for around £250....

The headunit must be a CD changer, with an aux-in, preferabley a full iPod interface (such as Kenwood)

Power isnt a big issue, but clarity of sound is. Obviously given a bigger budget I'd look to get a professional installation. But I'm so far out of the loop with this stuff some advice would be most appreciated.

Are you wanting to go down factory fit replacment speakers, or add two to the parcel shelf ?

You want any amps or small subs ????

Forum User
    Cliosport would be a better place to ask

Forum User
    TBH you ain't gonna get a great sound by just replacing the 4 small speakers...I know.

But with the Willy interior there are no holes in the door cards for speakers, however there is a hole in the door sill for a speaker - if you fancy cutting holes in your doorcards. Definaltely NOT an option for me.

In the end I just got a semi-decent head unit (CD/MP3/WMA blah blah blah) and got the best 4" components I could get, with ickle tweeters velcro mounted on front dash and rear shelf where set belts come from.

Try www.bassjunkies.com and have a look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    Cliosport would be a better place to ask
    I know, but they'd try to convince me that Neons, and a bootfull of Plasma screen and Xbox's was the way to go :D

Just after the best i can get for the money, which i agree, is pretty optimistic, but its gotta be better than the cardboard original speakers i have at the momet.

Cutting holes anywhere is not an option for me.

your budget isnt anywhere near enough

cd changer packages are very basic in the ~£150 range, leaving £100 for 4 speakers and an ipod interface which wouldnt fit on the basic package headunits anyway, and that will probably cost £60 on its own

try £350+ and you might come close to something decent

For cheap speakers I can recommend Magnat Bullpower. Had them in my old xsara and they were pretty good. I had the components. I believe the willy is a different setup to the valvers though in that they only have a poverty spec 4 speakers and not 6?

I also had a set of £50 pioneer 2 ways in the back. Don't know if they were any good though as their positioning meant you couldn't hear them!

Forum User
    What about mpounting teh speakers int eh door chasis and putting the door card back over the top, hidden teh, or am i yalking outa my arse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    For cheap speakers I can recommend Magnat Bullpower. Had them in my old xsara and they were pretty good. I had the components. I believe the willy is a different setup to the valvers though in that they only have a poverty spec 4 speakers and not 6?
    I also had a set of £50 pioneer 2 ways in the back. Don't know if they were any good though as their positioning meant you couldn't hear them!
    Williams 3's have 6 speakers mate :D

Where are the willy front speakers normally then?