Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Going!

Slow Going!

Took cupla steps forward tonight n a few back n all, frustrating but onwards n upwards!!

the power steering pump is back at square one, i have well n truly fooked trying to drill out the old screw n knackered it so new pump again it is!! doh!! and to add insult too injury, i tried gettin old rotor arm off the distributor and stupidly tried unscrewing it instead of just pulling it, as such the arm itself has rotated and it out of timing, didnt realise it screwed in you see!! so will this fook up my ignition n how can i sort it?! any help greatly appreciated!!!

anyway first job was to sort rust on the front subframe cross member, so out with the power drill n sander end n the hammerite n jobs a good un, shud keep it sweet for a while!!

after that i had a quick go at cleanin up the header tank, cant see much difference outside but inside its much better!! i feel better anyway, even if it makes sweet fa difference!!

Before....

After....

Next i finished polishing up/spraying the rest of the engine components and ended up with a table full of very respectable looking components which am well chuffed with!!

I then decided to whip out the old interior, which was all going well, untill the final bolt, typical!!! so much swearing and several hacksaw blades and a crowbar later n i got the badger off!! not without a blummin good fight tho!!

old tired interior.....

Gone!!.......

Aftermath of the scrap!!

and that was it for this evening!!

lots more to be done tho, keep gettin the feeling i'll never get it done!!

Coops

Forum User
    Thats cool, i had a bolt snap in my inlet manifold, triued drilling it and it went off centre, so took it to my local engineering compnay, hes gonna drill it out ont eh pillar drill and hexi coil it :D

When you polish tack up use a wire brush on an angle grinder, and then a lil bit of metal polish, works a treat esp on aluminium.....lunners tip 001

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    lookin good :D

wanted ur bandwidth using up didnt u northy :D - big pics it is then

nah lunner mate i mean i've fooked it proper good! drill bit i used wasnt bleedin straight, it was bent so has dug a huge hole out of the metal!!

rekon mite b able to get the small pulley off the spindle tho? anyone know how its held on and if its possible to do this?!

Coops

Forum User
    Just get someone til fill it with weld and tap the weld out, its possible and worth a go, cheaper then a new PAS pump, usually one bolt in the centre of the pully, but a new pump should come with a pully

all good, winston sortin me another one!! :D

dizzy will only go in one way mate so dont worry about that

i know but i mean i literally moved the sprung pin that the rotor arm slides onto, so i reckon am fooked!! tried to get it back but not really any exact science to it.............

eeer well i had my dizzy in bits and i still have no idea what your on about so i'd presume its ****ed lol
    oh btw what you doing with the old interior? my front 2 seats have seen better days and yours are i direct swap of mine

my sister is havin em in her rt for 50 notes!!! the're shagged mate tho TBH, sewn em up with the missus twice cuz ripped n full of pot rock holes.........