Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I dont agree

I feel £5 is justified. We are a up and coming new club. Lets give it time and see how it pans out. Northy has hinted there will be lots more content. If your not happy in 12 months time then don't re-new.

Lets not argue about membership money etc please. Thats one thing I loathed about CS.

Forum User
    KS, thats true however, if we are going to attract genuine members who are genuinely interested in a Willy/Hybrid/16v site then they will pay the money. This will surely stop the irritating forum hoppers, who contribute f**k all. I suppose in an ideal world it would be up and ready but guess its got to start somewhere.

well i agree that to a new user the site only offers a free forum.
    Im quite happy with that.

I now know how much time and effort cs must have put into get their site up and running....the stickers alone took me a week of mine and the manafactures time.

Then we have the new website....Thats taken a few months of the web designers, plus mine and fatboys time. The text for the new site took me ages and I had to learn new programs to produce it.

Im sure once were all sorted and the discounts are up...the £5 will be worth it.

But it will be a every changing club...untill we find the best way to do things.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by big hp
    I feel £5 is justified. We are a up and coming new club. Lets give it time and see how it pans out. Northy has hinted there will be lots more content. If your not happy in 12 months time then don't re-new.

Lets not argue about membership money etc please. Thats one thing I loathed about CS.
    Your right fella just banter.. and its good that people can put their points of view honestly. KS says it as he sees.. better than being shy :D he after all has contributed more than most to this forum.. I'm the new boy

let me quote the rule book guys -

Welcome to the Williams Clio website, the home of Williams Clio owners. The club was founded in September 2004 by a handful of dedicated Williams Clio enthusiasts, and since this time the club has grown into an online forum and database dedicated to the Williams and MK1 Clio 16V

That says it all....were not proffesional and its a progressional site.

Take it as it comes lads....all feedback good or bad will be taken on board.

no complaints here....apart from the uploader for vids n pics.......but that will be better with the new site ..........

northy il drop u the coin off wen i pick the tyres up

Banned
    How did i guess i would be miss-quoted.

Im not saying I WONT PAY. Im saying that if you use your empathy to look at things from someone elses point of view, then we need to get our arses in gear and put something on the site worth paying for (if we want to charge).

I know....said that ^^^ up there lol.

But things take time pal and cost money. And im still recovering from the personal outlay for 240 stickers.

Ok we should have finished the site before we opened it to the public....but remember that its only recently we decided to have another go at it.

I only get chance to design and prototype things for the club on a friday and saturday. As i dont have a pc in wigan.

Soon all the sections will have the blanks filled in and the members £5 will be worth it. Untill then we have asked if you guys want to pay £5 for what we have - The money Paul has will be used to cover the cost of just the website design.

Our arses are in gear mate....think its a bit unfair to say that to be honest.

I have done alot for free and have pulled alot of favours from friends to get what we have so far.....but its still basically just a forum we pay to use.

But as this is all new too me - im shocked its taking so long to get to where we are now. But its looking good for the future.

Banned
    Maybe you should deligate certain things to other people.

Summah seems to know about vid hosting. Why dont you ask him to do the video section? Etc etc

we are doing.

Monkeysnuts will be looking after the media hosting. (Paul is still working on the details to allow people to control the new site)

The moderators will all need to be trained on the new forum.

The area reps will be sorted soon but the current situaltion is working well.

if i had of deligated certain things to other people (stickers, banners, web design, flyers) we would never have attempted to change the site...not for the limited amount of members we would get.

Its Financially not viable !