Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Fastest i have been in my clio....

Well, would post this on cliosport but would get murdered, so came here instead.

Picked my lass up yesterday, after work, with my mate (3 up including me) and headed back down the dual carrage way, only to see a ferrari being chased by a scooby wrx sti - very dark grey. Obviously i gave chase to see how i would do against the scooby...

now i have said recently to everyone who has been a passenger in my car it has felt faster ever since the cams were retimed, and sorted out the lambda etc etc..

anyway.. the ferrari turned off, and left me with the scooby... there is no getting away from it, the scooby pulled away from me - but not nearly as much as i thought. From 50 mph to around about 110mph he pulled 4-5 car lengths!!...now for the best bit...

i topped...151mph!!!...yes 151 mph on the speedo, with 3 people, and the scooby was going nowhere. He slowed down, and looked over to me, and said (lip reading here) "what the **** is that" lol!! but, yeh. My mate couldn't believe it. I stuck to the scooby like glue, and i have to say it was shocking!... (p.s. i have 15 inch standard willy wheels) - so speedo is spot on!

Anyway, i don't think these speeds are clever, or indeed safe, but the condition were ideal, and it had to be done. :D

Excellent......Hybrids are the best, so stealth

Forum User
    it was amazing - i found staying in 5th and simply pulling, and pulling and pulling was the way forward. It was amazing to see he had topped out, and i was just staying right there.

chris what car u got willy or hybrid?whats been done to it?

Banned
    Hehe sound ideal. What Ferrari?

Forum User
    its all but standard.... lol...
    no 2.0 conversion, in the valver this is... kent fast road cams, pullies, and new followers. Primer racing chip, Green IK, with two cold air feeds 10cm intake pipes from fog lights. Ummm....... thats it... other than magnex exhaust.

It was pushing out 170bhp at the Rolling Road at GDI, but... ben r retimed the cams, and andy drove it, and said its very very quick.

where u get ur cams done mate how much did u pay roughly for cams followers and all fitted and set up

Forum User
    speak to andy gdi, best man around for this sort of stuff...

as for the cams themselves, john bond (bondy) fella i know sorted me out dirt cheap cams - he is a top bloke, but know him as im local.

Banned

Or you could flush your money down the loo

Forum User
    how do you mean stromba?