View Poll Results: ClioSport membership is up for renewal, shall i renew?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

17 48.57%
  • Don't care, stop wasting my time!

9 25.71%
  • Yes

9 25.71%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by seb182
    i agree aswell, there are too many users on CS who want to slate anyone with a modded clio.

It is a sorry state of affairs when new users get ripped to shreads and then never come back! doesn't surprise me to be honest.
    yup, completely agree. i'm glad they have made you a mod on there though really mate, bout time someone out of the clique that actually owns and enjoys all aspects of their car was made one.

the problem is once the rot gets in it stays and is almost impossible to remove... or you remove it but it comes back.

well i've quit the site, i only go on to check pm's

J o n
    I go on every now and again... fits and bursts really as there's little of interest to me personally.
    Fred, get a MK1 lad, get yerself a bew and make yourself feel at home here

Forum User
    TBH..I know nothing of the Origins of CS apart from what I have read on here, all I will say is that it sounds a bit like a great pub that everyone used to go to...then a bunch of idiots arrived and ruined it. I know some people on here like to contribute to various sites...for me I prefer this place.

At the Mo I am not exactly loaded, so when it comes to spending my money Williamsclio wins...You can have all the technical sections and members area's in the world...but what makes any Forum is the members and their contributions, the people are as important as the Cars they drive!

J o n
    tbh Nick you should sign up there on the forum as a user and have a browse round, it's probably not fair for us to influence you on it as I think the reason a lot of people feel so strongly is like you say: we used to go on there and there was a good friendly community spirit with good banter, but the banter was seen as aggro and then other people started moaning about how they didn't like it and then all of a sudden no one was allowed to talk about the single most important aspect of owning a hot hatch... the performance. It's a bit more lax on this these days, but it's policed too much now imo. You'll probably not like it anyway, it's a struggle to find any decent content let alone MK1 content.

Plus, this is the home of the MK1 Clio, so stands to reason why we are all here.

Nick, hope the not being loaded comment means we wont be seeing you at FCS mate!!! You HAVE to go!!! :D

Forum User
    Stop ferking winging enjoy the web site...you dont have to read all the articles..and if you do do give your opinion as you are now...mine is..Great club, great read on web site and I have saved some money just by reading all the articles.

I will renew..just tell me how and when

J o n
    Were not 'winging' mate, if you read what we are saying you will realise we have come to accept what CS is and take it or leave it. Well, personally speaking anyway.

This place is just better to me as a MK1 owner, I get my questions answered almost immediately and ALL my faults I have ever had and questioned have been correctly diagnosed without even seeing the problem 1st hand. You dont get that on CS in my experience... but then 2 live doesn't go on there anymore, so to be expected.

renew if you are going to buy a 172 / 182.

They are no really help with 16v etc as I found when I tried to sort mine out.

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by neilc
    renew if you are going to buy a 172 / 182.

They are no really help with 16v etc as I found when I tried to sort mine out.
    plus the MK2 boys hate us all anyway and have no time or respect for the MK1's... until they see the back of them on whichever particular event we may be at... be it 1/4 mile days, track days or just a cross country thrash.

I did'nt bother re-newing...as it's been said not much on there interests me as a performnace/mk1 enthusiast.