***Buying A Left Hand Drive Williams***

I was just wondering if anyone on here has got a left hand drive Williams. Are they cheaper to buy in Europe at the moment for example..???

i have one.
    looked around at the italian market and they were all high milers.
    got mine for 2K in the UK.but have been spending heavily but thats because i dont have resources to do the work myself and I live the other side of the irish sea from this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by fab
    i have one.
    looked around at the italian market and they were all high milers.
    got mine for 2K in the UK.but have been spending heavily but thats because i dont have resources to do the work myself and I live the other side of the irish sea from this lot.
    Thats what I am worried about... buying one that needs lots of work and $$$$$$ spent on it.. I am a student and would love one.. just seeing if I can somehow get one for a good price and whether it will be reliable... Anyone know of any websites where I might be able to see whats for sale in and around Europe..?

yeah but Jaz i could have had the work done for half the price in the UK.i just happened to bring it to a main dealer here in Ireland.

With cars like these you are always puttin money into them
    If you drive them hard as they should be driven then they should be kept in tip top condition.otherwise dont go for one.
    you are looking at a car that is now +10 years old and unless you spend circa 4-5k and are lucky enough to get a mint one then it will need work done on it.

if ur a student m8 dont get 1! lol

i earn a shity 13k a yr atm and i can only just about afford 2 run my williams bought it for 3k and have spent an easy 2.5k on it since just on repairs and my system! ...

and i still need 2 spend loads of money 2 get it how i want it :o

Forum User

Re: ***Buying A Left Hand Drive Williams***

Quote Originally Posted by jaz
    I was just wondering if anyone on here has got a left hand drive Williams. Are they cheaper to buy in Europe at the moment for example..???
    Simple answer is a resounding NO....they are considerably more expensive in Europe than the UK. French LHD add at least 50%. Swiss prices are slightly cheaper than France but it is a non EU Country so you need to add import taxes at least 20%.

Italy is the cheapest but....FSH are very rare. The UK is by far the best place to buy a Williams....FACT

http://www.webmycar.com/zonecar/weba...lio%20Williams

£1.00 = €1.48......Here is the biggest French national site

100,000Km = 60,000 Miles

The only problem with UK cars is....and you know what i'm gonna say!Those salty roads!

Forum User
    Very true, however another consideration is your driving experience, I believe that driving a LHD car in the UK without plenty of experience and patience is a recipe for disaster particularly Overtaking!

Yep your as blind as a bat drivin one!