Thread: lost my keys

lost my keys

i know, i know how stupid do you have to be to lose your keys, but i have What are my options, call renault and ask them, new locks from a scrapper or what. Also any idea how much renault will charge and what info will they need. Any help much appreciated. :D

hmm if you get new locks, i was quoted nealry 300 quid for new ones then 50 quid per key to match it to the car :S

so thats expensive !!

or you can get new locks from scrappy and pay like 20 quid and then get them recoded for 50 a key i guess, unless you have like a 3rd party alarm inwhich case you wont need to recode them i guess

lol nightmare mate! best bet is trace your last steps where u last had them??? there was someone else on here who lost his but he found them again! oh and make sure you get another set cut!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Have the keys got a code in them if you buy off renault, i dont really care about having the fob on the key, my old one didnt work anyway, i only just want a normal key or will that not work.

Forum User
    i did the same a fortnight ago mate
    if you dont want a plip/fob type key then you can get a blank one for £15, then £5 to be cut.
    i rang renault, gave them the reg and chassis number and they found the keycode on their database. (bear in mind this will only work if you haven't had your locks changed at some point, i was lucky as mine hadn't)
    anyway, once they've confirmed they've found the code, you have to go to the renault garage with your logbook and driving licence to prove ownership of the vehicle. then they give you the blank key and a code, take this to a reputable ket cutters and they will cut the new key.

this was from gordon lamb in chesterfield - lee the parts guy was very helpful, sunwin at derby didn't want to know, so if you dont have any luck ring round a few of the garages.

just to reiterate this is for a blank normal key, they're £15, the plip/fob keys were £135+vat.

then i found my keys that afternoon on top of the bookshelf lol

Scott.

Forum User
    We cahrge £4.50 for a key to be cut, i only got one key with my car, so i cut myself a spare and i use that and keep the orignal.

Plip, i got the key and IR unit off another car,a nd cut the key part off on the plip, so i ahve a plip and a key.

Best bet is to speak to matbrwon, or someone who is breaking a car, and get the complete lock set, IR reciever, ignition barrel and key(s) for the car.....should be £50 tops i would ahve thought

Forum User

+

sorry couldn't help it.

Lol, i was gonna say that but you beat me to it :P