Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    awsome vid that!! nice driving....

the williams sweeps round the coners so nicely. makes me want williams track and suspension on my valver so badly...

had a close one there didn't ya :D, nicely held

Quote Originally Posted by khj100

Goodness me.... listen to all the excuses! The Rallye is clearly FAAAAR better! hehe
    Busted.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by khj100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW
    Good vid mate, would you say the 16v rallye was about the same as a willy round a track then?
    Performance wise it's easy enough to compare, and I reckon they were pretty even. Leading onto short straights he was better, because his second gear was longer and whilst I was having to change into third almost immediately after the corner, he could let his run. On the longer straights though, there wasn't anything in it I don't think.

As for cornering, it was a little unfair cos I was running 185 Goodyears and he had proper semi-slick jobbies! You could tell he had a lot more outright grip in the tight stuff because he was right on me by the exit.

Some of that would have been because he was able to catch up on the brakes too though, cos mine really were knackered and I still had a 200 mile journey home to think about!

The Rallye's do make awesome track cars. But same as the Willy, I wouldn't want to start modifying them too much cos they're worth a lot. You'd do as well to just strip out and mod' a normal GTi I reckon.
    Goodness me.... listen to all the excuses! The Rallye is clearly FAAAAR better! hehe

Nah, seriously, that was a great bit of fun. As a GTi-6 and 106 Rallye owner, I never ever imagined the Clio was as good as it is... Given the various non-standard bits I had on mine, I'm amazed at how well Matt stayed in front

Be great to try and have our next 106/306 trackday along with you guys too (i'm sure you'll all be much quicker than those bloody R5s lol)....

Gaz.... need to talk to you next time you're on MSN!

Cheers all,
    Kev
    i wouldnt mind going cadwell park early next year(ish), be nice to go out and play with the 106's/306's etc alot of us off here love doing trackdays, although it does seem the pug lot are more serious about it, and mod there cars alot more(maybe due to lower cost lol)

but def worth getting both groups together next year sometime

i'm game for that too! seems the pug lads know how to have a laugh too and not be up their own arses! would be great for both clubs to organise a massive track session

Sounds good to me guys, and cheers for the good words - it's a nice atmosphere in the Pug club(s) (on the whole) so would be good to put them together....

How does the 2nd/3rd week in February grab everyone?

Kev

hmmm dunno about everyone else but i was hopint it to be more v.late march/early april time (new student loan installment )

Zollo - awsome driving mate, very impressed, how did the willy feel round some of those bends, was it comfortable or well on the limit?

Danny

Problem is the cost...

All the MSV circuits (Cadwell, Snetterton, Oulton and Brands) cost us less during the winter months (Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb)...

If it's in February, then we should be able to do it for £100 same as this time... and that's not bad for 2 drivers, and free spectators/passengers....

We'll be doing loads throughout the year though, so definitely be one in April-time too....

might have to jump on the feb one if i can afford it! i'm at uni in lincoln so travel to and from the circuit isnt the problem for once :D best thing is to have a word with gaz as he organises stuff like this on our behalf and see what your two heads can come up with date and figure wise

Forum User
    hopefully ill be able to put some cash aside for then, def up for it!