Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I predict many crashes if we go there :P Looks fun but also ready to catch the un-wary.

Be careful round Cadwell! Not a track I fancy doing, done Donnington and Bedford but Cadwell no chance!

http://www.suicidesquad.demon.co.uk/...ig%20crash.wmv

I saw that vid before I went there... not the greatest of things to watch to ease the nerves

Incidentally Zed, it was a GTi6 club track day, and there were some awesome 6s there. An ex-BTCC 306 among others.

Is that the Ecosse liveried 306 that was at FCS?

Just reading up on it now mate

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthr...d=36656&page=2

Seems like you made a impression on the 6 lads

Next year I'll be joining you lot for a trackday, just need to sort some finances out, wanna see how my 6 compares to my old 172 on track.

I believe one of the old school evo boys was there as well (JonMad).

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    Is that the Ecosse liveried 306 that was at FCS?
    White with purple stripes along the sides?

Quote Originally Posted by zedx19

It's on the 106 Rallye website now too

wanna see how my 6 compares to my old 172 on track.
    Very well indeed from my experience. The 306 is just like the Willy - with a bit more weight to carry - and is great fun round a track. The 172 I drove round a track was fast, but not nearly as much fun. Depends how you like to drive really!

Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW
    Good vid mate, would you say the 16v rallye was about the same as a willy round a track then?
    Performance wise it's easy enough to compare, and I reckon they were pretty even. Leading onto short straights he was better, because his second gear was longer and whilst I was having to change into third almost immediately after the corner, he could let his run. On the longer straights though, there wasn't anything in it I don't think.

As for cornering, it was a little unfair cos I was running 185 Goodyears and he had proper semi-slick jobbies! You could tell he had a lot more outright grip in the tight stuff because he was right on me by the exit.

Some of that would have been because he was able to catch up on the brakes too though, cos mine really were knackered and I still had a 200 mile journey home to think about!

The Rallye's do make awesome track cars. But same as the Willy, I wouldn't want to start modifying them too much cos they're worth a lot. You'd do as well to just strip out and mod' a normal GTi I reckon.
    Goodness me.... listen to all the excuses! The Rallye is clearly FAAAAR better! hehe

Nah, seriously, that was a great bit of fun. As a GTi-6 and 106 Rallye owner, I never ever imagined the Clio was as good as it is... Given the various non-standard bits I had on mine, I'm amazed at how well Matt stayed in front

Be great to try and have our next 106/306 trackday along with you guys too (i'm sure you'll all be much quicker than those bloody R5s lol)....

Gaz.... need to talk to you next time you're on MSN!

Cheers all,
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Zollo

It's on the 106 Rallye website now too

wanna see how my 6 compares to my old 172 on track.
    Very well indeed from my experience. The 306 is just like the Willy - with a bit more weight to carry - and is great fun round a track. The 172 I drove round a track was fast, but not nearly as much fun. Depends how you like to drive really!
    On the road the 6 is a lot more fun then my old mk1 172 was, lot better body control, lot more feel through the wheel and the rear wheel steer is just quality once you get used to it, on track it should be fun. Looking forward to it, think I'll be taking it a bit more steady then you though lol quality skills on that vid!