Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scooby WR1

Having been in it I thought it was mental, but I'm told the power delivery of a big turbo car can fool you into thinking it's going faster than it actually is.
    If 0-60 is 4.25, that makes 60-110 8.6.... which is effin quick..... but not miles away from some of the 60-100 times that were posted on CS a while back by the likes of Nick read etc.

Banned
    SIGN IN

J o n
    yeah the turbo power is very deceiving, my pals classic feels rapid, but in reality it's no faster than my car once moving... if anything slower to a point... i think it's the fact that each time you change it lags, then all the boost suddenly comes in again and it whips you back into the seat again!

Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    SIGN IN
    Was at work. Different IP everytime I sign in. Keep forgetting to log in. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    yeah the turbo power is very deceiving, my pals classic feels rapid, but in reality it's no faster than my car once moving... if anything slower to a point... i think it's the fact that each time you change it lags, then all the boost suddenly comes in again and it whips you back into the seat again!
    It certainly does that. I prefer NA power delivery and responsiveness tbh. Wouldn't say no to one though...

Forum User
    iv just gone from the banana to a 276bhp scooby, and ill be honest the banana would keep up with it once rolling i reckon!

im not used to driving a turbo'd car at all, so am only just getting used to giving it some sick through the gears ad keeping it on boost. before my changes were too slow and it was dropping boost and altho it was rapid on boost i wasnt that impresed!

Its becoming more and more enjoyable the more i actually get used to a turbo'd motor over the pure n/a power of the banana!

a new intercooler, filter, and remap on teh way should see 300 pretty easily tho

Sounds good Craig we gonna have a comparison on the way to York? 7000 rpm limit now. :D

Forum User
    have you? minter!

i have a manual 5k limit at the mo untill uprated intercooler and airbox go on as its detting very very slightly at 6krpm sometimes. seems ok after that to 7k tho, but im not risking it.

yes defo matey, think im going to pod this weekend, but only to watch as the new bits wont be fitted by then and i dont want the engine to blow up hehe

Get it sorted mate...I'm sure it'll be even more rapid with a few mods on. I'll be impressed if it keeps with the banana revving to 5k though...