Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

How Do.

New to the williams scene, just bought my first about a week and a helf ago - v. impressed so far, feg niggly problems, but nothing more than to be expected with a 10yr old car!

Would appreciate any advice on exhausts, what oil to use and any simple engine mods.

Car has k&n, de-cat, and for some mad reason the previous owner put a powerflow exhaust on, which sounds horrible (hence the advice needed on how to remedy it!)

Cheers

Dibble

welcome to the site pal! get some pics up of your williams in the pictures and media section! what is it??? a 1, 2 or a 3???
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Oh no we've got the dibble on the site. Watch what you say lads

Exhaust wise get yourself a magnex, i've got one and it sounds lovely, some people prefer the scorpion as its not much louder than a standard system but has the looks.

Oh and welcome.

Soon as I get 5 mins, and a clear day to take pics I'm gonna.

Its a Williams 2, 98k, very tidy, lots of history, only bother with it is sunroof, annoyingly loud exhaust and a knock when I pull away (which am certain is exhaust!)

Has no rust at all, only very slight raise in the paint round the rear wiper arm.

I have a suspicion it may have had the arches painted as they are mint with no sign of rust at all - may be being sinical and its just good but?

Has had most of the major work done - uprated clutch, cambelt (no headgasket yet, but no signs of any worry there yet anyway!)

Cheers

Dibble

Funny Guy!

I had a magnex on my valver years and years ago, and it sounded mint!

BUT - have had a qoute from AAS (Advanced Automotive Systems) in Newcastle (Upon Tyne), to build a full custom system, removing cat pipe, with any tailpipe design, and noise tailored to whatever I want (nice and quiet until 4.5k) for

£300

Sound ok?

He seems to know what he's talking about and had a few very nice cars in when I was there (Integrale, Mk3 Golf with TT Turbo conversion, sunny gtir rally car.........)

Wadda ya think?

Dibble

Forum User
    hi

not to sure on the cat removal. you need it for M.O.T

He did say he could sort it so that cat could be put back in for MOT - but at the moment I dont have one anyway - previous owner removed it and I bought from garage so I didnt get the cat with car?

Dibble

Williams 2 with a sunroof???????

Magnex would be cheaper than £300 fella.

Forum User
    cat's are expensive iirc

What do ya reckon I cud get a magnex full system for? And are they a simple fit - not cutting / wlelding needed? Including cat removal - as the existing pipe doesnt have flange bolts, its a slip on over the centre section pipework - proper sh*t job!

Do they not normally have a sunroof???

Reg is M469UGS if you wanna check it out - comes back as willy 2 on rac check, and has hpi docs etc etc? Hope I havent bought a ringer!?!?!?!

Dibble