Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

R32 against Williams

My mate has just bought one, and - understandably - fancies his chances. How do you guys reckon I'll fair? Anyone (who isn't running cams) had any run-ins with these?

Hopefully will have results in a week or so.......

J o n
    yeah, only had a run in with the one that comes on the peaks run... pretty quick, has the legs on a std Willy, but only just... round the bends they are utter crap tho, on a track they would be laps behind.

hm..... had a couple doos with these...they not all that quick, std willy shud be at least level on the straights, and will pull away thru the twistys

Forum User
    i assume were talkin golfs not skylines

Lol^^

J o n
    would it make a difference if it was a Liner tho? still got left for dead on track (Skylines that is, no Golfs there )

Yeah, it's a Golf. Had a ride in it today, and I must say I was well impressed. Lovely interior on 'em. Sound good too. Wasn't amazingly quick though...reckon I can stay with him up to about 100. After that he'd muller me though, as it was pulling really well past 110.

Should be interesting...just gotta do a few things to the Willy first....

I've chased a R32 around the peaks on one of our runs and have to say it is pretty good round the corners with only it's relatively high weight preventing it from being quite as quick as a willy.... Had a doo with it in my 14.7 williams as we were level(ish) all the way past 110.

They are pretty quick, though there shouldn't be much difference upto 100mph. Over 100mph they'll probably pull away quite easily as high speed cruising is what they were designed for.

See ya

Matt

Mmmm, think I'm gonna have to start taking some interior out and run my tank dry :P

Reckon I'm gonna just about keep with him until 100, then I'll be eating VeeDub dust