Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

I overtook a very committed Civic Type R driver while doing close to 110mph on a bend, to say he was shocked is an understatement! Managed to keep up with a Focus RS but traffic was really busy and he started driving like a tw@t so had to ease off, think he was prepared to kill himself than let an L-reg Clio beat him! Ha

Banned
    I once raced a Civic Type R on the Uttoxeter to Lichfield Road. He was gutted when i overtook him.

But i do know that road very well. :D

Tailgated by a Porsche 911 4WD non-turbo into a big roundabout. Both carrying some serious speeds. I must have hung the tail out by more than half the roundabout - balancing with good bit of steering fight. The 911 copied my sideway shimmy and immediately had one heck of a tank slapper. That slowed him down some. Hmm... rear-engined cars oversteer quite a bit, who would have thought?

Sorry, that was me up there.

First scalp was my best. With wayward (column) steering I had TLGP with a 968 CS! My mate was behind driving the dci i had. The guy should've whupped me but didn't He wasn't a happy bunny. Tried it at every set of lights on the road, but I just quit while I was ahead.

That pissed him off even more.

Had several dabbles with 330s. I've kept with one 2 up once to 100, but I suspect it was an auto, 'cos I've had a play against another once him 2 up me 1 up and he would've toasted me if he was in front. Then we got to 2 roundabouts and I said goodbye. Again, if driven properly it would've had me no trouble. He had a bright red face as I turned off!

Banned
    On a curvacious piece of road, a Williams should be able to scalp pretty much anything in the right hands.

Funnily enough, I wasn't paying much attention to the 968 once I floored it. I was trying to keep the thing in a straight line! With a few degrees of play in the steering, 195 tyres, only my 3rd drive of the car, and all the torque steer it was a bit of a handful.

The guy I bought my Williams off also had a Porsche 911 RS and said there wasn't much difference in performance up to about 80 between the two and handling wise there was nothing in it. Whether this was just a sales ploy I don't know but seemed a very genuine fella who was just obsessed with cars!!

Banned
    I WANT A LSD