Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Forum User
    Depends on your situation mate............tbh at the moment i wouldnt because sometimes i need my car for long journeys.

5's break ALOT easier and more often than our cars fact, specially the ones that are running loads of power!

Should be getting a company car soon so im thinking of getting a mint frst when i do so i can put it in the garage and use it for personal pleasure and wont be relying on it soley!

5's are great for straight lines and will embaress lots of bigger power cars......Even the ones that arnt running all that much extra power seem to be good!

well i hardily ever use mine and i live half a mile from work so can walk and the girlfriend drives long distances when we need to go any where coz here cars alot more petrol friendly lol
    but would love a 5, if i had a garage it would have bought one by now and spend some time on it, but i dont have that luxury :(

Forum User
    Cant stick reno 5's, fukkin hate them.

Forum User
    i have had loads of reno 5s i only had chew when i turned the boost up, tbh i dont see the point so the last 5 i had i just left it and it was fine, since iv had my williams nobody really looks at it tbh, either they dont no what it is like pple in saxos who try to race me then get smoked, but when the 5 was on the road every 1 looked and ive had pple asking if im selling it and comment on it. id get another well im saving now my girl doesnt no thoe he he

Forum User
    Im possibly gonna buy one when i get my company car if i can find a mint one bodywork and engine wise.............Hopefully running abit of extra power aswell!!!

Went out in one last night and there bloody fun round roundabouts and sound awsome when foots to the floor!!!

5 turbos are mint. My mate had a standard one and it was a little quicker off the mark than the valver but once i got into 3rd gear it stayed the same, and 4th i reeled him in slowly. One of my other mates had a 160bhp one and it whooped my ass. They are so tunable for what they are. My mates currently rebuilding his 5 turbo engine and hoping for 190bhp.

Forum User
    ^^^Thats funny, my pal has 160bhp stripped one running 16 or 17 psi and standing to 100's the only way i have a chance, he will crawl past at about 80 but im at worst on his bumper still.

From rollings totally different, make it 10 to 100 and he will pull like a train on us.

Forum User
    i think alot of pple would have one but the reliable issue puts them off, i had alsorts go wrong with all my reno 5s what i had , the williams ive had a new clutch ,and i can safely thrash it to bits and switch it off and not panic n worry about it being broke when i start it again.. i have to say the reno 5 every 1 looked at it all the time, i dont think or class my williams as a head turner imo and its just had a full respray and looks mint at the moment

lol dont think i will be getting a 5 anymore, a mates just persuaded me, have just got a call to tow him back from leicester,

by the looks of things he sed there musthave been too much pressure in the crank case and it blew the dipstick out and loads of oil and set his car on fire :(

has burnt the vacuum hoses, melted loads of wires, damaged the silicon hoses, and has done alot more damage, cant remember wat he sed after that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver
    5 turbos are mint. My mate had a standard one and it was a little quicker off the mark than the valver but once i got into 3rd gear it stayed the same, and 4th i reeled him in slowly. One of my other mates had a 160bhp one and it whooped my ass. They are so tunable for what they are. My mates currently rebuilding his 5 turbo engine and hoping for 190bhp.
    I raced one local to me that I kept geting told it was quick, not sure on power and spec but I just managed to keep pace.

Even on the handling side of things we were neck and neck.