Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JayR
    I would say it mustve been near on standard (or the driver was mothering it) for a valver to be able to pass it easily...................I was playing major chase past 90 on the 200bhp one and even the 160bhp one!!!
    u may be right but my valver isnt standard, alot of headwork done, ive had a neutral drive my valver and ma best mates 5, he stated that the 5 accelerated harder than mine upto bout 80mph but mine keeps goin after that and he's running 16psi, i dont really know much about turbos but i know thats quite abit of boost!!!!

but 5's definatly have the acceleration to do alot of damage to some bigger cars, i really want one as a project but cant find one cheap enuf

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by byers
    whats the fastest off to say 80 williams or 5gt?
    I can answer that............Just tonight had 2 standings with another one of the 5 gang (he rekons its standard apart from bigger t3 turbo but supposedly a quick starter) the first run was cack, start was shit and missed 3rd but after that he didnt pull!!!

The second was as immaculate as it couldve been on my part imo, span a fair bit but so did he got power down and wham by 60 i was a fair bit infront, same through 3rd,by the time we hit 100ish we were level!!!

So upto a 100 there fairly even steven id say but dont know how much the bigger turbo would help a 5!?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancliovalver
    Quote Originally Posted by JayR
    I would say it mustve been near on standard (or the driver was mothering it) for a valver to be able to pass it easily...................I was playing major chase past 90 on the 200bhp one and even the 160bhp one!!!
    u may be right but my valver isnt standard, alot of headwork done, ive had a neutral drive my valver and ma best mates 5, he stated that the 5 accelerated harder than mine upto bout 80mph but mine keeps goin after that and he's running 16psi, i dont really know much about turbos but i know thats quite abit of boost!!!!

but 5's definatly have the acceleration to do alot of damage to some bigger cars, i really want one as a project but cant find one cheap enuf
    my pal with the 200bhp 5's got a gunmetal one hes restored back to standard form............Dont think its the mintest externally but mechanically should be sound as!!!

Dont think hes askin too much for it either.............Was tryna flog it to me but tbh i cant be assed with the fact the break so much!!!

that sounds kool mate get me some more details and a few pics if u can!!!

was thinkin bout turboin the valver but dont know wether it would be better in the long run to have a 5 instead and spend my money on that!!!

Forum User
    Yer ok mate no worries probs wont be til sunday now but il PM you with pics and more details.

Depends how mint the exterior on your valver is mate but if it were me looking for turbo power id probably find a mint 5 donor engine and chuck that in that way you get to keep the looks aswell!!!

The valver 1.8 turbo conv is far too much money for what it is imo.

Forum User
    check out the white 5 gt thats the 1 i sold to get my williams 2. . the grey 1 i sold on ebay 5 month ago il tell u a little tail about that those 17s you see on the picture. they were sold to me and fitted by a garage anywaz i drove around for a bit and decided to got to middlesborough, i belted it down the slip road got just near the end and the left hand wheel came completely off and went passes me a braked hard and used the handbrake and scraped to the end in the of the slip road the wheel landed in a hedge i shit myself got the wheel out the hedge and the ron perry bloke who i rang to get me home said the bolts were to short as i had a spacer on.. i rang the garage and told them they said they were the rght bolts i couldnt prove nowt as i did not keep the fooking reciept t**t. good job i wasnt on the motor way check the pics aint updated it yet with the williams

http://www.rtoc.org/members/member.asp?memberid=11686

Forum User
    Gotta say if i had one it would need to be tungy one!!!

Whites a pretty good choice though but they seem to be common as!!!

Forum User
    ther is not a gt turbo at all in our town they are getting like gold dust

Forum User
    ^^^Thats because half of them that are still running are no doubt here in Essex mate!!!

Having said that though were pretty much valver/willyless here..........All you Northerners seem to have them!!!

would it be worth selling a tidy valver for a tidy 5???