Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Hybrid v 5 turbo

Had 2 clean dos against mates 5 turbo running 20psi and around 200bhp (running full interior though) last night from 20 in 2nd to just over 11* and he pulled approx 5/6 cars which i dont think is to drastic considering mines only got cat back system and ik!!!

Initially on lift off i pulled slightly due to abit of lag on the 5 but then it was bye bye time!!!

He used the old full throttle gear changes to his advantage aswel causing lots of bangsl!!!

Anyone else had any do's with 5's.............Does this seem like an ok outcome?

never had a real do with any 5's tbh - and we dont run against them down the 1/4mile either.

Forum User
    200bhp in a R5 is gonna be fast! im sure the fastest reno 5's that run in the 12's only have about 240bhp!

only ever had a few do's with these lol.....lose out to most of em down the strip, but on the road its a diff story.

had 1 following me round oulton as a cam car, not sure of spec, but think it was pretty modded, altho neither of us were giving it full beans(i had instructer in and hot hot hot brakes hehe, he was a camera car getting footage) but we werent exactly tootlin round, dont think there was much in it tbh

Forum User
    Craig this one is fast mate, he rekons hes taken cossies before which im not sure hes telling the truth about but thats what he says anyway!!!

He sorta looked down at the clio after but i rightly pointed out his car is a fair bit lighter, has around 50hp more and the ability to do the full throttle gearchanging has to help aswell!!!

Forum User
    Il have a butchers at that when i get home mate......For some reason i cant play vids from my work PC!!!

yea top vid.. forgot how good the turbo sounded but my clio handels better..

i just miss that 3rd gear in 5 due to it being phase 1 modded (bleed valve)

still miss that 5 .. but never raced one yet and want to

Forum User
    ive had 4 r5 gts they are mint cars i got rid of my last 5 for my clio williams i miss it so much iv been thinking of selling her dont miss the money spent on them thoe

ive just had a go with one lol, a black one ive never seen it before but have seen it twice in 2 days, was on the A46, came boomin up behind me on the slip road, got onto the carageway, he just pulled past me but he ran out of steam at 90 and i just breezed past him like he had his handbrake on!!!
    very very fast cars, if there wasnt a reliablity issue with em id have one now