Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 185 tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    F1s have drawn in tyre test before with Pirelli P Zero Rossos, but you'd need a 2nd mortgage for them!
    Yes, I have had the good fortunate to use the PZero Asymmetricos before they stop making them in our size. Man! They were unbelieveable in the dry. Felt like slicks on public road, like someone coated the tyres with strong adhesive compound. And yet they lasted 14 months (eh.. that's quite a long time for me to be on 1 set of tyres). And, I reckon, they would run close to the F1s in the wet (probably 80% to 90%). A "once in a lifetime" set of tyres. Sigh, wish I could still get them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by northy
    Purple - if you want me to ship some exaltos over to you i can through work....no idea how much it will be though.

Ive been out in a 182 with exalto 2's on and it was better handling than the williams...

The exalto 2's are a upgrade aspart of the 'options pack'

The 172's, 172 cups & 182's are fitted with continental tyres.

182's come with PE2's standard dont they? Originally it was the stiffer sidewall tyres that were the upgrade, but now all the PE2's are stiffer sidewalled.

And Northy, what do you mean by better handling? You mean it had more grip? Handling and grip are different. Grip refers to the level of adhesion to the road surface. Handling refers to the repsonsiveness / predictability / drivability / ease / consistency / cornering stabilty etc of the car. Grip is one component of handling. Not having a go mate just clarifying before people assume the 182 is a better car. I do beleive the 182 has more grip. I dont beleive it handles better. From what people have said, and my own drivinbg test it seems to suffer the same rear end twitchiness as the 172.

JUST MY OPINION.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    They're the best 2 though mate!

F1s have drawn in tyre test before with Pirelli P Zero Rossos, but you'd need a 2nd mortgage for them!
    I had Pirelli P zero Rossos on the BMW 255/35/18 unbelievable tyre BUT!!!! 6000 miles and they were ****ed, the best pound for pound, hate to say it F1's

J o n
    I had P Zero Rossos on my Zetec and my XR2, they lasted 6000 for the front as well, never had to replace the backs. Lasted 9k on the Zetec S and the Willy had Yoko's on it when I got it. These PE2 are the best tyres I have owned, I'm saying this as the Rossos would lose traction in a 45 carb'd XR2 at the top of 1st and it's not as quick as a Williams, which loses nothing when planting it in 1st unless it's greasy.

Just realised that Pirelli is calling a lot of their tyres Pzeros now. The Rosso Asymmetrico & Directionale. The Pzero Nero M&S. Really confusing.

The one I had was the Asymmetrico from the old Pzero System. Sadly, none of the new models come in 15 inches. And probably a good thing for me as I will go broke buying them at the frequency I change tyres.