Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPG cnoversion

ur ment 2 do 10miles per day on petrol 2 keep ur engine in order.....and u also only save aorund £400 a yr on average

thats pants! u might as well just stick 2 petrol!

the goverment used to give grants 2 people 4 conversions but that stoped last month i think, allthough aparantly there are plans 4 grants of sum kind in the future.

J o n
    where you getting these figures from? LPG is half the price and better economy, so savings will be more than £400 mate... well for me anyway.

Forum User
    jesus i had a LPG car!
    full tank £15 300 miles bargain.. only slightly lower performance than petroleum.. tank goes in boot... then teres valves etc and a mod to the throttle body.

only dangers are a rear end shunt.. explosion. i had a switch under the dash with lpg level gauge to switch between petroleum and lpg... could switch any time any speed anywhere. a guy had it done on his 172 to good standards.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnergibson
    only dangers are a rear end shunt.. explosion.
    fook that i want a clio that at least drives after a shunt, not it dragging on the floor behind me lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    where you getting these figures from? LPG is half the price and better economy, so savings will be more than £400 mate... well for me anyway.
    me and my m8 got them off a website as he was thinkin of convertin, cant remember the website now but ill try and find out 4 u guys as it was only the other day!

suppose it depends how many miles u do a year as 2 how much money u save though.

My mate has a VR6 Corrado on LPG, not sure how many miles its been on but the cars got a good 120K on and runs very very well.

Conclusion................get it fitted correctly your laughing. :D

The problem for me is, how do you know its fitted correctly? All cars we had in with knackered engines had their systems installed at various recommended outlets by professional installers.

They did last a good 30-40k miles before any damage was evident.