Thread: Door rubbers

Forum User

Door rubbers

Daft question time...I'd like to replace the door rubbers as mine look a bit old/knackered and I'm getting a bit more wind noise when driving than I think should be the case. There are companies selling after market door rubbers (saying they will fit, that look about right to me) so would this be ok as it's only a door rubber, or would Renault still likely sell them and should I go for that as I know it'll be right (assuming they are still available)? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Forum User

Door rubbers

Hi, I want to replace my door rubbers and there are a load of after market ones on eBay but I'm unsure if they are in fact correct. Any advice before I take a punt/risk? Thanks.

Forum User
    Ok...so I bought some aftermarket door rubbers after checking with RPD if OEM ones were still available (they are not). As one might imagine, the profile of the new rubbers is not an exact match, but they look like they may fit although there is an extra lip of rubber on the inside that my original ones don't have, I just hope this fits in the void within the grey trims. Might get chance to fit them this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
    Ok...so I bought some aftermarket door rubbers after checking with RPD if OEM ones were still available (they are not). As one might imagine, the profile of the new rubbers is not an exact match, but they look like they may fit although there is an extra lip of rubber on the inside that my original ones don't have, I just hope this fits in the void within the grey trims. Might get chance to fit them this weekend.
    Look forward to seeing the result...post some pics.

Regards Ian

Forum User
    Eventually fitted the after-market rubbers. They were a similar profile to the originals but had an extra 'lip' of rubber which made it difficult (very tight) to fit. Got there in the end. Test drive - wind noise is reduced, so pleased with the result as it improves the driving experience. PS I didn't take any pics because it looks just like it did before I did the work!!!

PPS I've kept the original OEM rubbers. N/S is in good condition, O/S also ok but has a few nicks, and I got wind noise through the O/S when driving. If anyone wants them for a few £ let me know.