The Dreaded Rust

A topic that has been covered a lot. Drivers side I have noticed the rust seems to have become worse. Any suggestions on if I should do something with it (Ian will say yes) or is it not that bad just yet?

I have a bodywork guy local to me. he is pretty good but wouldn't say he is the worlds best. Anyone down in Essex done this on their car and can recommend someone perhaps?

Any ideas on cost?

Lol Ashley...I'm keeping quiet as I have no experience in this area other than what I've seen on other peoples cars...to generalise though if you're seeing that on the surface
    the inner wings etc will be much worse.

Regards Ian

Dont tell me that......Actually out of sight out of mind or is that only applicable to the kids!!!! Wish they were out of sight haha

Yes I will go and get it looked at. While it does not bother me, its not good to have.

When it comes to cost it's impossible to know as you don't know the extent of the damage & exactly how much work is required until you start digging deeper into the car.

So to sum up Mk1 Clio ownership, you have to spend a load of money in order to find out how much more money you'll need to spend sorting out just 1 problem

I will leave it a little while and the roll the dice. See what happens. Will try and get a couple of opinions.

Forum User
    No two ways about it, it'll have to be done. The longer you leave it the more it will cost so in my view best to bite the bullet earlier rather than later. Think of it like this, if you get it done sooner rather than later, the more you can just enjoy the car. When I got mine all sorted I really wish I'd done it sooner.