Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

**Winter Storage**

Morning All

Just wondering if anyone is storing their Williams over winter and if so what are your plans to do so?

I think I will be doing this but unfortunately I do not have a dry garage so will have to be outdoors. Any tips and ideas so when I do run her again she wont be too dead or in a worse condition?

Hi Ashley... I do store mine over the winter but in a garage... all I do is take the battery out and charge it now and again.

I don't start it again until I can take it out and give it a 20 mile run... I don't like running it stationary as I don't think its good for them.... they do not get fully up to temp.

Not to sure about outside storage... maybe somebody else can advise.

If you don't mind me asking how much did your Bentley go for at auction.

Regards Ian

A Carcoon is your best option, plenty of people use them outdoors as well as in a garage.

Pump the tyres up to around 40psi, use wheel chocks to hold it in place with the handbrake off so it can't stick on, disconnect the battery and that's pretty much it apart from starting it up every once in a while and turning the steering lock to lock a few times when you do run it just to keep everything moving as they don't like being sat stationary for long periods of time

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    A Carcoon is your best option, plenty of people use them outdoors as well as in a garage.

Pump the tyres up to around 40psi, use wheel chocks to hold it in place with the handbrake off so it can't stick on, disconnect the battery and that's pretty much it apart from starting it up every once in a while and turning the steering lock to lock a few times when you do run it just to keep everything moving as they don't like being sat stationary for long periods of time
    lol...meant to say about the handbrake

Regards Ian

I put mine in car storage place last year. But this year going to drive it

Hi mate

How are you?? Good tip about the battery. I was thinking to take mine out and keep it in doors till I need to use it. I might leave it a few weeks as its still not so cold out. I topped up antifreeze etc and did get a cover but maybe I need a bit more....

As for the bentley.... I feel sick honestly I want to cry. I was not desperate to sell it just wanted it to go to a good home and for me to get a good chunk of money back. The reserve I agreed was tinkered with only by £500 but it sold well below what i wanted. After fees I got £16,250 that was a 22-25k car straight off the bat!!!! I want to cry now you brought it back up ha

Cheers mate. Yeah I did see the carcoons. Interesting gizmo. Will have a proper look and do the handbrake tip. tyres up to 40!!! Now I am nervous ha.

That is the annoying thing you never know when you want to give it a blast on a crisp sunny wintery day. I am trying to get a garage sorted but so far no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley79 View Post
    Hi mate

How are you?? Good tip about the battery. I was thinking to take mine out and keep it in doors till I need to use it. I might leave it a few weeks as its still not so cold out. I topped up antifreeze etc and did get a cover but maybe I need a bit more....

As for the bentley.... I feel sick honestly I want to cry. I was not desperate to sell it just wanted it to go to a good home and for me to get a good chunk of money back. The reserve I agreed was tinkered with only by £500 but it sold well below what i wanted. After fees I got £16,250 that was a 22-25k car straight off the bat!!!! I want to cry now you brought it back up ha
    Sorry Ashley... didn't mean to open an old wound...yeah that seems harsh but I've been watching them for a long time now and they do seem pretty slow too sell in general.

Regards Ian

Na thats fine. I dont really get attached to a metal can as such and to be fair I didn't need to sell it so in my haste I probably done myself over. the buyer got a bargain so fair play. So much car for the money. Weird how they just seem hard to sell or go for peanuts. Blame WeBuyAnyCar as everyone goes on there gets a price and thinks that is the going rate.