Thread: K&N

K&N

So installed K&N air filter today. Took out the original airbox (will keep to put back on when/if I sell) but wondered if anyone had created or knew of anything to help prevent the air filter sucking in hot air from the engine bay? I have some flexible/bendable heat shield material that I have managed to put in around the filter but feel it needs a cage to fully prevent the warm air getting in. anyone done something like this with theirs?

I have to sy it does sound sooooo much better than the standard air filter, which had been changed to a pipercross.

06beb76b-0128-40cf-8656-0078cb6e6ddf.jpeg

The common cure for the sucking in hot air thing is refitting the standard airbox The filter needs to be fully enclosed with a cold air feed going directly into it otherwise it will be sucking in hot air

You have to decide if you want the noise or the optimal performance

Noise.....Until I get bored of it and then revert back. noise always feels like it is going faster Shame the standard one doesnt make a bit more of a noise it is a good designed unit. i was hoping to keep half of it on and see if there was an option to create something but you are right there is no real solution. No racing for me.

Oh but there is a way to have the noise as well as the performance if you copy the theory of setup of the Clio rally cars

skuttle.jpg

Now you are talking. I want one but where did the battery go 😀

The battery gets relocated into the boot or you fit a really small lithium-ion battery
    Last edited by 16v_paddy; 30-08-2020 at 15:53.