Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I will give that a go. Couple of locals near by who might let me swap a switch as long as I don't drive off with it ha

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley79 View Post
    Hi all.

Recently bought my Williams 2 (M35 GTT) from Falkirk. Drove it back down to Essex 400+ joyful miles. MPG was great compared to my Bentley GTC. Managed to get home on a full tank. During the drive home however I noticed some electrical gremlins

passenger window won't go up and down (switch light comes on) passenger & driver switch
    Clock not working
    oil gague didn't move on initial click
    wing mirrors not moving
    passenger door won't lock on the alarm fob or car key remote but does manually on the key or inside door lock button

I have checked all fuses they are fine. I wonder if anyone else has had all or some of these issues. Would they all be connected or just 25 year old individual electrical issues.

anyone have a 'how to fix' guide or advice. I'm toffee with electrics though like really clueless.

any simpleton help/advice would be good. I don't want to start to buy switches and motors/mechanisms if I don't have to. Pointless throwing money away in hope.
    All these aren't connected, you have to solve them 1 by 1, some damaged cables and unconnected plugs.

Good to know they are all separate. Can go through one by one. Central Locking and Window firstly I think.

**UPDATE**

So thought I would take a look at this again take the door panel off get greesy, break something and still not have it fixed!!!! However I did the above (yes I did break something) and managed to get both the locking door working off the remote and.......GOT THE WINDOW WORKING!!!!

With the door lock I had to take the assembly off but thought I would do it the quick way which probably was quick. Loosened the 3 bolts on the side door wall released the locking mechanism lowered it to a place where I could remove the actuator.....this I thought would be faulty and for £6 even if it wasn't then it didn't break the bank. A 15 minute job (took me an hour...) managed to get the new one in place (note to self take photos first I always forget). the stem which holds the pin that goes up and down in the door card as I was getting it out the little clip broke well I forced it and it broke. To be fair it looks better without these in I think so might try and cap them off. Anyway did the swap out and boom....it worked (remembering to plug the power connector in of course). Lock and unlock perfect.

As the card was off I thought I would have a look at the window...I didn't hold out any chances here but I thought give some wires a wiggle put my hand up to the motor to make sure it was plugged in and had power to it. Found some wires gave them a little wiggle and push..thought I would press the window button and shit me not it went up and down....very slowly so loosened it a bit with some WD40 and it goes up and down like a dream.

Only now need to fix the wing mirrors. I did the wiggle again with the wires but it might be on the drivers door panel which I could remove but will try a switch firstly.....Anyone know of a switch for wing mirrors for sale???

Good update... well done, always nice to hear when something gets fixed.

Cheers Ian

Forum User
    Great stuff, nice when it's not too tricky and bit of fiddling gets it sorted. I had the same joy with mine, and only had to solder a few wires that had broken (which was also why my wing mirrors were not working). Keep fiddling!

I'm pretty decent with DIY and breaking things ha. I have patience and perseverance. Why pay someone when you can do it yourself however electrics often do stump me. Pretty embarrassing considering my brother is an electrical engineer by trade 😂

I still ill need to sort the wing mirrors, clock and oil level gague. Assume 3 separate issues. As I didn't need to solder for the Windows I am hoping not having to do so for the wing mirrors. I have ordered a switch but doubt that will fix it. We shall see.

**Update part 2** So after fixing door window and central locking on passenger side I needed to look at the clock and wing mirrors then the final oil level gague. Ordered a new switch for wing mirrors. I wasn't hopeful but start there and work back. It worked. Quick swap out and install and the wing mirrors are working. However I did test both mirrors and found that it was doing random mobs as it flick the switch to the left mirror and it would turn the right mirror and vice versa. Even in the central off position the left wing mirror moved. Anyone had this issue? I mean it's fixed right and I can move them which is what I wanted. I wil give it a proper working tomorrow as the kids came home and I didn't have enough time to really fiddle around but another one ticked off.

The clock however isn't working. I have taken it off jiggled the wires etc but nothing. I am wondering if the clock had gone. There is ne on eBay but £24 I would rather buy a pizza (not true). £24 seems steep. Anyone got a cheaper one?