Williams Clio Parts

Hi all

newbie to the forum but not the Clio world. Previously owned a 16v way back early 2000s. Loved it. Yesterday I did the nostalgia buy and got me a really nice williams 2. A 25 year old car will have the odd bit missing. However no heat shield stood out to me as a walk away moment considering I was driving the car 450 miles home. However it didnt miss a beat I was so impressed.

Question is I need to source one quickly and a few orher parts like door card storage trays, steering wheel etc. I called Renault Romford and the guy said they do not make thst part anymore.

does anyone know where I can source one and the other parts. I have been looking around all day and have come to a dead end. Anyone have the parts or know where to go??

Hi Ashley...welcome on board... for a better response on parts go onto The facebook page here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19431546816/?fref=nf

Regards Ian

A lot of stuff is simply not available new anymore but things like door pockets are readily available used as they're the same on all mk1 Clios plus they're very easy to refurbish to look good as, if not better than new at home with flexible vinyl paint from Halfords.

You did well to not walk away at the lack of heatshield, as at 1 point not too long ago, good used ones fetched close to £400 within minutes of being advertised for sale, that's how rare & difficult they was to find, luckily the market has improved now that a couple of companies are now reproducing them, as yours is a phase 2, this company sells that version https://www.boutique-bordanova-sport...-williams.html I know it says they're out of stock atm but it's worth messaging them to see how long it'll be before the next batch is ready

Alternatively if you're desperate to get one, the phase 1 version is available from here http://www.mecaparts.com/Clio/page.p...ng=0&page=1#ok

But as Ian has mentioned above, the facebook groups are much more active & the best place to source the parts you need

Ah superb thank you. I will check all the information out you have provided. I am going through the car with a fine tooth comb at the minute. The usual electrical gremlins not working properly. Thanks for the info glad to see there is a solution out there for the older cars. I want to keep it as clean and standard as possible but may need the odd 2020 upgrade 😀

Cheers Ian. I am probably one of only a handful not on FB now I feel like I am missing out 😂 I will get the missus to check it out she is on it 19 hours a day. Means I can play with my new car 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley79 View Post
    Cheers Ian. I am probably one of only a handful not on FB now I feel like I am missing out  I will get the missus to check it out she is on it 19 hours a day. Means I can play with my new car 
    I understand completely... I only joined Facebook a relatively short time ago because I got fed up with asking the wife and kids to do stuff for me.

I would make yourself an account even if it's just to go on the Williams page... but to be honest I find it useful in many other ways.... you don't have to be one of those that post what they
    had for breakfast or how many shits they have a day...lol.

Regards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    you don't have to be one of those that post what they
    had for breakfast or how many shits they have a day...lol.

Regards Ian
    How do you think I got my post count on here to over 5,000 then?

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    How do you think I got my post count on here to over 5,000 then?
    Lol Lee...probably by answering peoples queries in a caring sharing manner...like ya do.

Cheers Ian