Forum User

Leak in reseve fuel tank

Hi My Williams 1 has a leak in the small reserve tank, a slight crack in the plastic .
    Does anyone have any info. on how to repair or replace it?
    does the standard clio 1 have the same tank setup or is particular to Williams?
    cheers
    Nick

The tank setup is broadly the same on all Mk1 Clio's so it's deffo not something that's specific to the Williams. The only differences are in Clio's that predate the Williams and some lower spec cars just have a filler pipe straight to the main tank with no reserve tank.

Repair or replace, either way you're going to be best removing the reserve tank, it's only secured in with 2 nuts but the pipes also keep it secured in place a bit as well, you also have to undo the 3 screws at the top of the filler neck as they secure that to the car too

To source a replacement you need to look for stuff from phase 2 or 3 cars - late 93 onwards, this pic shows the ph2 setup with & without the reserve tank

fuel tank ph2.png

Forum User
    Thanks very much for that, so I could do away with a reserve tank and get a replacement with just the filler neck?

Yes, that's exactly what I've done on my track car

So, did it worked? Anyway, i would just replace the tank to be sure.

Forum User
    impossible to get a replacement reserve tank, have found someone scrapping a clio and the fuel tube is on its way.

Forum User
    it arrived but the way the petrol cap connects on this one is at a different angle so no good for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysteveo View Post
    it arrived but the way the petrol cap connects on this one is at a different angle so no good for me
    I couldn't find your fb post (couldn't remember your name either ) or remember if yours was a W1 or W2 but I've found a seller that's got both versions of filler necks without the reserve tank for sale

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_...756381520.htm/