question about rear brake compensator

I have been having some issues with my rear o/s caliper piston seizing and on closer inspection I found that the compensator valve looked in a pretty bad way (i've attached a picture).

I haven't had the chance to clean it up yet, and for the record I can move the lever back and forth so doesn't appear completely seized, I'm just wondering how I can tell whether it's a replace job or just needs a good clean and grease up?

Also if it needs replacing does anyone know where I might be able to get one? Looked in all the usual places plus sent enquiry about stock for https://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/re...ke-limiter-cl/ but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the probably stupid questions. This is all pretty new to me.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-06 at 19.50.47.jpeg

If the rear brakes still work when you press the pedal or if fluid comes out of the bleed nipple (with it undone of course) you'll know it's working properly. Jack the car up & unhook the rod from the axle before pressing the pedal.

If it's knackered they're readily available https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5...R/160946046037

Cheers for that Paddy, a job for me over the b/h weekend.

Also i wasn't sure whether you could use the R5 compensator but that's great, thanks!

I'm in similar situation to you. The plate which the exhaust mounts to the body to secure the bias valve has rotted away and I need to replace. I have a spare which isn't great but its not rotten which is a bonus. I've loosened all the bolts but as far as I can see underneath the bracket is the only thing securing the compensator valve?