Forum User

Gear lever return spring

Hi, so a few years ago there was a spring dangling beneath the car...so I took I off. I've recently got hold of a new gear lever return spring and had a go at fitting it today. It's obvious where it hooks onto the body of the car (small round rubbery thing fixed to the body of the car) but it's not obvious how it connects onto the gear linkage. From memory the spring was dangling off the linkage bar, suggesting to me that it broke where it fixed onto the body, and so I can only guess that the spring hooks over/around the linkage bar. Doesn't seem right to me as I can't see an obvious connection place, but it's what I've done for now and it seems to have improved the gear lever in the car i.e. More solid and returns to the middle...so all ok, but I want to make sure it's right. A diagram or picture would really help if someonecan help. Thanks, lee.

I have linked your query to the Facebook page... for a much quicker response you're better off posting there....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19431546816/?fref=nf

Regards Ian

It does just loop round the gearlever linkage rod so sounds like you have put it in the right place

Forum User
    Thanks both.