Forum User

More lockdown tinkering

Just finished refurbishing both door pockets using the Autobright stuff recommended on the Facebook page. Very easy to use, works well and really lifts the car interior from what looked good to mint! Amazing how the discoloured door pockets really let the interior down. Very happy. PS car going in for proper detailing tomorrow...'excited' doesn't get anywhere close!

Could you show some pics?

Forum User
    Pics of the door pockets or pics of the car when it's been detailed?

Saw the pics on Facebook, looking good. Is the Autobright product a dye or a cleaner; if the former, is it an exact colour match? Thanks

Forum User
    It goes on like a paint. I used a small clean new sponge to apply it and because of the textured surface, the finish was perfect. In terms of the colour, it's not an exact match, but its close and with both door pockets done and the scratches gone it's a massive improvement. I doubt there is an exact match out there.

i did see a clip on-line of a guy using a heat gun to restore scratched and discoloured interior plastic trim, but I wasn't brave enough to try it...thought I'd end up melting it!