Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Windscreen Replacement

    HI all,

    I need my windscreen replacing and the local fitting centres have said there are three options:-

    1. Clear
    2. Green Tinted
    3. Green Band Along Top

    Can anybody confirm which is the correct type for a Williams 1?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
    HI all,

    I need my windscreen replacing and the local fitting centres have said there are three options:-

    1. Clear
    2. Green Tinted
    3. Green Band Along Top

    Can anybody confirm which is the correct type for a Williams 1?

    Cheers
    Probably the clear one... mine with original glass doesn't have any tint that I can see.

    Regards Ian

  3. #3
    Forum User stevie_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A track near you
    Posts
    1,986
    Yep, same with mine, I would say.

  4. #4
    N/W Rep & Club Events Co-Ordinator GazTwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    RS HQ
    Posts
    3,282
    You may still be able to get a new screen from Renault so it'll have the correct etching, I bought one a few years ago from Paul @ RPD.

    Please make sure the guy who installs it doesn't go daft getting the old sealant off, this is how rust starts around the screen from them going daft with a scraper.

    Personally, I wouldn't change it unless you have to.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GazTwo View Post
    You may still be able to get a new screen from Renault so it'll have the correct etching, I bought one a few years ago from Paul @ RPD.
    I got 1 as well but got told not long after by someone that enquired about getting 1 that I managed to get the last 1 available

  6. #6
    There is a massive crack so it must be changed.

  7. #7
    Replacement screen fitted by Autoglass along with new trim strip. Highly recommend.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
    Replacement screen fitted by Autoglass along with new trim strip. Highly recommend.
    I presume this is clear with no tinted strip etc.

    Post a pic up on here or on the Facebook page.

    Cheers Ian

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    I presume this is clear with no tinted strip etc.

    Post a pic up on here or on the Facebook page.

    Cheers Ian
    It was clear with a subtle tint exactly same as original. No visible band but deffo tinted like original.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Windscreen replacement
    By Dean250 in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-08-2014, 08:57
  2. Windscreen worries
    By sk84life in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 20:07
  3. Replacing the windscreen
    By Allan in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-11-2006, 11:15
  4. ****IN WINDSCREEN!!!! :0(
    By FATBOY in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-04-2006, 23:14
  5. Windscreen
    By fab in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 11:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •