Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oil pump bushing

This was mentioned a while ago in a post by Paddy to Crossers, can I just check is this the shaft that the bushing goes on?
    The reason that I ask is I'm about to put the cover over this oil pump auxiliary shaft and I noticed that it has a little play, not sure if this is usual tolerance or not?

Cheer, Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images

The above image loaded upside down for some reason.
    I have taken out the auxiliary oil pump shaft now and can confirm that the bush is worn as can be seen from the image below

Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers Paddy, I researched this and found the post when you were talking about this to Crossers, which had this link posted.
    It least I checked this before I put the rest of the engine together, bit pissed that the engine shop didnt check this and point it out as I would have had this done at the time.

Got to get the engine back to the engineers now, not the end of the world but a pain all the same

I think it's a case of something that's not very common & pretty easy to be overlooked when all the obvious bits & bobs are being done, another thing like that is the clutch fork pivot bush when changing the clutch

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    I think it's a case of something that's not very common & pretty easy to be overlooked when all the obvious bits & bobs are being done, another thing like that is the clutch fork pivot bush when changing the clutch
    Cheers Paddy, this is another one of your posts that I noted at the start of my project, parts ordered and waiting to go on the car👍

Yep I forgot about this bush on 360. I wont be making the same mistake with 285!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Crossers View Post
    Yep I forgot about this bush on 360. I wont be making the same mistake with 285!

Paul
    Interestingly, as per Paddys link, the only place that you can buy the bush kit seems to be in France.
    I tried everywhere and failed, as did e engineering shop who did the engine work. He deals with the bearing company for his UK supplies and they told him that thet were not able to supply this bearing in the UK.

Sounds like that would be in contravention to the European Restrictive trade act, but I won't be starting legal action on this just yet.

Got my block back now, auxiliary bearings have been replaced, so good for the rest of the rebuild.

Have you tried it to buy from Volvo?