Help please :) Misc broken wire, near brake calliper

Hi can someone help me identify what this broken wire is. I was trying to see if there was anything obvious that may have up upset the ABS causing the light to remain on after the systems check at ignition ON. This doesn't look like the hall effect sensor wire as i think thats the big thick one which is out of shot.Curiously on the other side it doesn't have a wire at all but it does have the clip so I'm a bit confused as to what's going on?

Looks like the wire for the brake pad wear indicator....is the warning light on?

Hi Ian thanks for getting back to me! The warning light isn’t on but I guess you never know if historically rather than fixing a problem with the brakewwar sensor someone could have removed a bulb from the dash or something. I noticed that there are two torx screws missing from under the steering column possibly where the dials have been removed at some point?

As I said there is nothing on the other side which is disappointing not likely to be easy to get that back to how it should be is it

Forum User
    That is the brake pad wear indicator wire and a bulb hasn't necessarily been removed. The warning light only comes on when the circuit is complete i.e. when the pad wears down and there's contact between the terminal on the wire and the metal back of the pad. The fact that the wire is broken means there'll never be a completed circuit, so the warning light will not come on. The end of the wire should be somewhere, (I think it's pink) and could be behind the plastic splash guard and might need extending up to that clip, then you get a new length of cable, with the new pads, to clip into the other side.
    Rgds, Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    That is the brake pad wear indicator wire and a bulb hasn't necessarily been removed. The warning light only comes on when the circuit is complete i.e. when the pad wears down and there's contact between the terminal on the wire and the metal back of the pad. The fact that the wire is broken means there'll never be a completed circuit, so the warning light will not come on. The end of the wire should be somewhere, (I think it's pink) and could be behind the plastic splash guard and might need extending up to that clip, then you get a new length of cable, with the new pads, to clip into the other side.
    Rgds, Sean
    Top info thanks! Now to find out what’s wrong with my ABS I suspect it has a broken tooth somewhere just not had a chance to get the wheels off and have a proper nose

As people above have said it is the brake pad level warning sensor.

The abs - i would start by testing each wheel sensors resistance. you can find how to do this on google.

I’m thinking now i’ll probably just get it into a garage unfortunately don’t have any time at the mo and want to enjoy it as much as poss before the summer is over