Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    period number plates

    I know this has been covered before but to save me hours of using the flaky search function can anybody who has had period plates made post pics of the results and who did them.

    Thanks very much in advance.

    Regards Ian Birch

    p.s I am not a forum user but a subscribed member.

  2. #2
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    I know this has been covered before but to save me hours of using the flaky search function can anybody who has had period plates made post pics of the results and who did them.

    Thanks very much in advance.

    Regards Ian Birch

    p.s I am not a forum user but a subscribed member.
    Hi Ian,
    Off topic, but how’s the car.
    GLWSearch got plates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,918
    When you say 'period plates', are you meaning old-skool white-on-black (illegal on a Williams) plates?

    Or do you mean the older, wider font on usual yellow and black plates?


    If it's the latter, Fancyplates can make basically whatever you want, and they have the older font in their plate configurator.

    They take an age to arrive, despite only coming from Ireland, but the quality is decent and the price reasonable. You also don't have to faff around with V5s and all that nonsense, which is a bonus.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by white16valver View Post
    When you say 'period plates', are you meaning old-skool white-on-black (illegal on a Williams) plates?

    Or do you mean the older, wider font on usual yellow and black plates?


    If it's the latter, Fancyplates can make basically whatever you want, and they have the older font in their plate configurator.

    They take an age to arrive, despite only coming from Ireland, but the quality is decent and the price reasonable. You also don't have to faff around with V5s and all that nonsense, which is a bonus.
    Hi white16valver...yes i do mean normal number plates but with the correct font but I also want to add the dealer logo which I can hopefully make up from what I already have.

    Cheers Ian

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutbehinddawheel View Post
    Hi Ian,
    Off topic, but how’s the car.
    GLWSearch got plates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep shes very well thanks for asking...not to sure what you mean by GLWSearch got plates.

    Cheers Ian

  6. #6
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    Yep shes very well thanks for asking...not to sure what you mean by GLWSearch got plates.

    Cheers Ian
    Should be “search for plates”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,918
    Choose one of the UK Pre-2001 fonts on the Fancyplates constructor:

    https://www.fancyplates.com/main/con...ors/fancy.aspx


 

Similar Threads

  1. Number Plates
    By bradders in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 00:59
  2. number plates!
    By dan290888 in forum Pictures
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-04-2006, 18:04
  3. number plates???
    By willy55 in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 17:11
  4. Number Plates
    By Enid in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 21:38
  5. number plates
    By scotte666 in forum WilliamsClio Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 13:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •