Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 0385 For Sale

Forum User
    Gotta say I'm surprised by not a whiff of interest.

I'll probably use it a bit over summer then put it to bed for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Gotta say I'm surprised by not a whiff of interest.

I'll probably use it a bit over summer then put it to bed for a while.
    Yeah odd that isn't it Lew... might just be that this site doesn't get so much passing traffic.

Maybe it would be better shown off on the Williamsclio Facebook page...that seems to get more use.

Regards Ian

Don't think it costs anything to advertise on Car and Classic.

I think that mileage over 100k is a killer for selling these cars at a decent price, potential buyers not realising that a high mileage car well looked after is a much better bet than a low mileage car with hidden rust about to burst out all over the place.

My children are bored when there's mould on a piece of bread that's within date when yet again I say "Always buy on condition and never on mileage".

You've got a lovely car, don't undersell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayli Carper View Post
    Don't think it costs anything to advertise on Car and Classic.

I think that mileage over 100k is a killer for selling these cars at a decent price, potential buyers not realising that a high mileage car well looked after is a much better bet than a low mileage car with hidden rust about to burst out all over the place.

My children are bored when there's mould on a piece of bread that's within date when yet again I say "Always buy on condition and never on mileage".

You've got a lovely car, don't undersell it.

agreed i got mine to drive not look at so the mileage will go up. Cars are meant to be driven not moth balled

Forum User
    Hi guys, all wise words indeed and thanks for the comments and support.

I think for me it's a personal case of the car not floating my boat too much.
    Don't get me wrong, having done 50 miles or so this past couple of weeks
    it does make me smile but not as much as I thought it would.

I am, at the mo, poised to take ownership of a Dax Rush which I intend to
    have as a Sunday blast/Picnic with the missus 4 wheel bike as she refuses to
    go on the bike anymore. Will also do some trackdays etc.

As regards Williams FB page, I do have a FB profile but it's rarely used.
    I am pretty unfamiliar with how FB works so would appreciate any advice
    on how to post an advert based on what I have posted previously on here.

I think you are dead right about condition and mileage Ayli. This one is most certainly sorted
    and right. I reckon I've got about 13k in it so not even making money out of it.

There is a similar one on Fleabay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-L-RE...aa6a%7Ciid%3A1

I think mine compares favourably and around a grand less.

Well, I'm certainly not going to sweat it or let it go any cheaper. It's a fine example of a rare car and
    if it doesn't sell, it will go in to storage for a while.

Cheers y'all

I also agree with fresh, I would like to think a new owner would get the pleasure that I'm just not feeling.

Forum User
    Stuck it on Car and Classic, thanks Ayli

we'll see what happens

Forum User
    For what it’s worth & you may have this covered,but if I were considering the purchase of any restored car,I would expect a fully documented file with photos and invoices for all of the parts fitted.
    GLWS

Forum User
    Yup, agree with that to some extent.

i have a lot of Service history before restore and plenty of pics and receipts
    and records proving the time and money spent.
    all the original documents, manual and service book etc
    A superb example for anybody

I don't get this "OMG 100k miles it's about to explode!!!1!" mindset. It's not the 1970s FFS.

It's almost as bad as the "OMG 100mph!! You will die!!!!" people - nothing magical happens because 2 digits changes to 3... lol

People on the continent are a lot less bothered about mileage AIUI, because 100k kilometres is only about 60k miles, which is nothing, so cars pass that mark much sooner and it's not such a mental hurdle.

One of our cars has just ticked over 210k miles and the other has just passed 155k now, and we're doing 35k a year or more between us. The valver was on 170k+ IIRC. Even the ex's Renault 19 1.4 was on 175k-ish when we sold it.

Mileage is nothing to be afraid of. I'd much rather a car was a 'Trigger's Broom', used and kept in good condition, than one that had sat in a garage for years, going out two weekends a year for a gentle 50 mile round trip, with dried-up bushes and seizing-up moving parts.

And besides, they were made to be driven! What are you going to do on your deathbed - have year after year of memories of staring at it in the garage, wanting to go for a drive in it but too scared because it might lose some value? Or think back through a huge selection of awesome memories of epic drives and roadtrips to new and exciting places, with some slightly hairy 'moments' burned in to your memory :D lol

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver View Post
    I don't get this "OMG 100k miles it's about to explode!!!1!" mindset. It's not the 1970s FFS.

It's almost as bad as the "OMG 100mph!! You will die!!!!" people - nothing magical happens because 2 digits changes to 3... lol

People on the continent are a lot less bothered about mileage AIUI, because 100k kilometres is only about 60k miles, which is nothing, so cars pass that mark much sooner and it's not such a mental hurdle.

One of our cars has just ticked over 210k miles and the other has just passed 155k now, and we're doing 35k a year or more between us. The valver was on 170k+ IIRC. Even the ex's Renault 19 1.4 was on 175k-ish when we sold it.

Mileage is nothing to be afraid of. I'd much rather a car was a 'Trigger's Broom', used and kept in good condition, than one that had sat in a garage for years, going out two weekends a year for a gentle 50 mile round trip, with dried-up bushes and seizing-up moving parts.

And besides, they were made to be driven! What are you going to do on your deathbed - have year after year of memories of staring at it in the garage, wanting to go for a drive in it but too scared because it might lose some value? Or think back through a huge selection of awesome memories of epic drives and roadtrips to new and exciting places, with some slightly hairy 'moments' burned in to your memory :D lol

as above