Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

Clio Williams 3 - 85k

Hi,

My Williams 3 is now for sale.

It's been SORNd for the last 2.5 years and kept under cover on my parents drive. It was in great mechanical condition, but hasn't moved for the last 1.5 years or so. The plan was to restore and keep it, but a new job moved me away and took up all of my time. I've recently moved house and I've had to compromise on parking space to get the house I wanted, so the car is for sale.

Cosmetically, it is in need of a tidy up. The arches have been done, but not to an outstanding level. My plan was always to do a full bodywork restoration, but compared to some of the projects people have taken on here, it's a great starting point.

I took the covers off today and this is how it looked:

I can remember a few invoices from when I got the car including a cambelt change, new OEM exhaust and a fluid service amongst other things. I'll add more pics of the inside and anything else people would like tomorrow when I get back from work. There are other replacement parts in the boots which I'll list tomorrow plus a folder of invoices

The car's located between Stroud and Gloucester and I'll definitely try and fit anybody in who'd like to take a look. I think it'd make a great project for somebody with the space, time and skills. Definitely interested to hear people's opinions on price; my thoughts are that, it it doesn't sell, I'll list it on eBay with a lowish starting price and no reserve.

Thanks for reading.

Kris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kris2012; 26-05-2016 at 14:54. Reason: Re-arrange pics

I'd really recommend you spend some cash to MOT it; you'll get it back plus lots more for the reassurance that it would give a potential purchaser. It looks really clean, it should sell well. It's almost at the stage where a puff with a big summer auction like Silverstone might be your best bet. DON'T take a silly low offer, although what is silly at this point might be a moot point.

Forum User
    Thanks for the reply

It scrubs up well, but it definitely needs work. It's not mint by a long stretch, but it still looks good; that said, I've definitely got a very critical eye.

Good advice about the MOT as well. I'll see if I can get it sorted.

Interesting one...looks like a very tidy car.

As for price, well its anyones guess. My personal opinion is somewhere in the region of £6-7k+ but thats just my best guess.

how much you looking for it

Forum User
    I really don't know how to value it.

I've made the decision to sell so it will be going soon. I was budgeting £3-3.5k minimum to take care of the bodywork so I'd start by deducting that from the value of a mint one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris2012 View Post
    I really don't know how to value it.

I've made the decision to sell so it will be going soon. I was budgeting £3-3.5k minimum to take care of the bodywork so I'd start by deducting that from the value of a mint one.
    Wow, how bad is the bodywork!?

Forum User
    Ha,

I'm probably overstating it, but I'm a perfectionist so everything has to be 100%. When I was doing it myself I was researching the places that had done Williams restorations before and looking at what people had paid. I'm expecting there to be some hidden bits that need repairing and I'd have wanted it to be as near perfect as possible. I've no bodywork skills at all, but I have had plenty of work done on other cars and I realised after a while that you get what you pay for.

I'm not looking to capitalise on price increases or even maximise what I get for the car by waiting for the right buyer. Just looking to get a fair price that we're both happy with.

I'd stick it on ebay. It should sell well and that way you'll know its value. I wouldn't let it go too cheap though!

It's a for sale thread it must state a price.