0280 - CMN552U / L152KJW

Williams 1 #280

Hello,

Impending relocation means #280 is up for sale. £9k

The car was bought new by my father and over the years we have both had a lot of fun owning it. I have many great memories growing up with the car and eventually bought it from him around ten years ago. I have been running it since and will be very sad to see the car which has been a part of my life for nearly 25 years go. I haven't however been using the car as much as it deserves and it has been SORN for the past two years. To store the car and continue this also feels a shame and so I hope somebody is able to take on the car and get as much enjoyment out of it as I have. The car is not in perfect showroom condition but has had a lot of mechanical work done over the years to keep it running well.

New tyres and MOT last week so now back on the road.
    Full service history with one Renault dealer until 2013 and then with R Sport.
    106k miles
    Bodywork needs some attention with right rear arch and front sill starting to rust (shown in photos)
    Rear left arch suffered minor dent in 2013 which was pulled back out and resprayed. Rubber strip was left slightly bent and could not be refitted so still needs sourcing.

Also have a set of 4 original wheels for sale. These were replaced by those now on the car in around 2005 and are in need of a refurb.

Please message me for contact details and I will be more than happy to chat and answer any questions. The car is available for viewing in Wimbledon for the next week only.
    Photos : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2a85qohhh...fY_L6Empa?dl=0

Williams 1 #280
    Update; Now sold back to father, restoration to be carried out so that we can continue the fun.

Williams 1 #280
    Further info: This car was bought new in the Isle of Man in 1993 and registered as CMN 552 U.
    Sold to my son and subsequently became L152KJW.
    About to be restored at 106K miles and returned to the IOM registry when completed. Will update list with reg when completed.

Thanks...good info, maybe update with some before and after pics.

Regards Ian

Forum User

Hi Ian,
    Will sort some pics from earlier in its life as well as some before /after pcs from now.
    Clio280 is now in Australia so I have been given the job of getting the car restored ( and expense).
    The idea is a complete strip down and refurb so I expect to be asking a lot of questions as it goes along.
    We have been using the site for a while now and its members have been incredibly helpful with their knowledge and sources.
    Looking forward to the ride.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Nodddy52 View Post
    Hi Ian,
    Will sort some pics from earlier in its life as well as some before /after pcs from now.
    Clio280 is now in Australia so I have been given the job of getting the car restored ( and expense).
    The idea is a complete strip down and refurb so I expect to be asking a lot of questions as it goes along.
    We have been using the site for a while now and its members have been incredibly helpful with their knowledge and sources.
    Looking forward to the ride.

Dennis
    Yes I agree... this site has matured into a very helpful resource...with next to none of the snittyness you generally get on forums.

For a more immediate response join the Facebook page. Link below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19431546816/?fref=nf

Regards Ian

Isle of Man registration: CMN552U added