Fully restored...........really.....?

The first one for sale was a scam.

Hi
    I’m new on the forum although previously owned a beauty Williams2 which I sold about 5 years ago
    I’ve spotted this current eBay offer which seems to have been for sale for quite a while described as fully restored and reduced to £5495. Has anybody viewed or got an opinion? I note it’s catD but shoukd that worry me. Is the colour correct?
    Many thanks for any guidance

Quote Originally Posted by Stevewilliams1 View Post
    Hi
    I’m new on the forum although previously owned a beauty Williams2 which I sold about 5 years ago
    I’ve spotted this current eBay offer which seems to have been for sale for quite a while described as fully restored and reduced to £5495. Has anybody viewed or got an opinion? I note it’s catD but shoukd that worry me. Is the colour correct?
    Highly unlikely to be fully restored...see Phil Walkers car on here for a fully restored car....more like a quick tart up.

Still maybe worth a punt at that money...

Regards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stevewilliams1 View Post
    Hi
    The reason given for the cat D is broken locks and ignition from attempted theft. That seems utterly trivial next to a rusty body.

If you think it's a goer go and look at it, or get someone to inspect it for you. If you want a car to drive and enjoy, cat D is no problem. If you want a 'guaranteed investment better than money in the bank', it may be a problem. It could well be why it hasn't sold. Combine cat D with a mileage of 130k is going to put off the very rich buy it and put it in the garage purchasers. The price will put off people wanting a trackday project.

If you want a nice car to drive it could be the one. There are no pictures of the engine bay and the exhaust is non-standard, which are two amber warning lights for me, but there are no red flags here, until you see it, get under it, and drive it.

Colour looks okay to me, the wheels look right too.

Subscribed Member
    It's my old car and no the cat d was not for locks at all but it was just a wing. it was not fully restored but had alot of work pm me your number mate I can tell you everything about the car. Its not a bad motor but the arch started to bubble on the passenger side before I got rid.