Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum User
    Get some pictures up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregarylyon View Post
    Hi, just a bit of an update for you. I ended up salvaging your white Clio from the breakers and your clio van has been bought by one of the blokes that works down there.
    so at least neither of them have been crushed. Do you have anything left over from the car?
    Good job that man....as above.

Regards Ian

Hi, just a bit of an update for you. I ended up salvaging your white Clio from the breakers and your clio van has been bought by one of the blokes that works down there.
    so at least neither of them have been crushed. Do you have anything left over from the car?
    Well, I am sad that I am not the one that could save them but I am happy that they have been saved! Are you planning to get the white one back on the road?

I don't think I have anything really left over - all the decent bits were on the car, such as hens-teeth front fogs, magnex exhaust, complete williams suspension conversion, RC5+ pads...

And as it's non-ABS, non-airbag, that's two things that it can't fail the MOT on!

The sunroof leaks like a sieve, though, so you'll need to either fix it, seal it or wrap the roof, I reckon. That's why it's got no interior carpets - I came back to an inch of water in it one day and just thought 'bugger it' and left them out once I'd stripped them out and dried everything lol. I should have the carpets somewhere, I don't really throw much away!

How did you find this thread BTW?! Or did bass_direct point you in this direction lol

Oh, and be aware that it always has liked a drink of oil, so keep an eye on levels. (I think that's standard for the F7 engines?)

Don't use Magnex, though, as it runs like a bag of spanners on it - the Elf 5w40 from the dealers was always cheap (£20-ish) and seemed to keep it happy.

Ooh, one more thing - it likes to warm up before being driven hard (obviously) but don't baby it too much from cold.

Start it up, idle for a bit, then when you drive, use short bursts of firm-ish acceleration while keeping the revs low, rather than slowwwwly climbing up the rev range.

If you do the latter it doesn't feel like it wants to really rev when it's warm, but if you do the firm-ish acceleration thing, it makes it feel more willing to rev when it's warm.

I call it 'character'... lol

Quote Originally Posted by HYBRID_HAZ View Post
    Get some pictures up please.
    as soon as i remember ill get some up on here and try to start a thread. Im quite useless at replying to people.

As you can tell i don't come on here much.That's a lot to take in but i am a long way off of driving it yet but it will be going back on the road hopefully next spring. I have got most parts that i will need to get it road worthy again so can really get started on it now.
    The sunroof i have sealed twice with no joy but its summer now so don't need to worry for a few months haha.
    running wise it seems to be alight apart from the idle which i have got to look into yet.
    Anything you would like to part ways with ill most likely purchase i do like to hord parts.
    Dont suppose you have any paperwork or any other history on it?

As you can tell i don't come on here much.That's a lot to take in but i am a long way off of driving it yet but it will be going back on the road hopefully next spring. I have got most parts that i will need to get it road worthy again so can really get started on it now.
    The sunroof i have sealed twice with no joy but its summer now so don't need to worry for a few months haha.
    running wise it seems to be alight apart from the idle which i have got to look into yet.
    Anything you would like to part ways with ill most likely purchase i do like to hord parts.
    Dont suppose you have any paperwork or any other history on it?
    Ooh, nice - do the work when it's hot and dry, tuck it away from the evil salt, use it when the roads are definitely salt-free

Sunroof has always been a PITA lol - I was thinking about a clear wrap on the roof section, as doing it properly involves peeling the headlining off the inside and then new rubber seals etc IIRC. Check the drains for it if you do get it all apart!

Idle issues are a new one on me, do they have an idle speed control valve that needs cleaning with carb cleaner or similar?

I might have some paperwork somewhere on it but I have loads in storage at the moment and have NFI where half of the stuff I need is lol. I'll see what I can find