Q. Full Engine Restore / Rebuild

So... It's come time for #226's engine to be done.

a) I want to get to the most accurate original factory state. I have full OEM parts to rebuild with. I want the best manner to;

1. Has anyone got any OEM factory engine photo's, if so - please can you provide them
    2. Strip the block back to bare metal, full prepare and rebuild
    3. Prepare and paint the block & any accessory carriers
    4. What are the Paint Codes; Subframe - I recall seeing someone share a code for it not long since (@Northy?)

b) The other questions;
    1. What accessory carriers are painted OEM - Oil Dip Stick, Gearbox Support Bar - I simply don't know, so would be good to establish early in the build a list of everything that needs doing.
    2. There is a lot of bare aluminium that will oxidise quite quickly once it has been Ultra-Sonic cleaned, I expect - what's the best way to treat it, and keep it looking "new-ish".

Thanks,

/y0z

I've had all the ally brackets on mine blasted & lacquered, loads of pics in my thread on the register, 0131

Quote Originally Posted by y0z2a View Post
    So... It's come time for #226's engine to be done.

a) I want to get to the most accurate original factory state. I have full OEM parts to rebuild with. I want the best manner to;

1. Has anyone got any OEM factory engine photo's, if so - please can you provide them
    2. Strip the block back to bare metal, full prepare and rebuild
    3. Prepare and paint the block & any accessory carriers
    4. What are the Paint Codes; Subframe - I recall seeing someone share a code for it not long since (@Northy?)

b) The other questions;
    1. What accessory carriers are painted OEM - Oil Dip Stick, Gearbox Support Bar - I simply don't know, so would be good to establish early in the build a list of everything that needs doing.
    2. There is a lot of bare aluminium that will oxidise quite quickly once it has been Ultra-Sonic cleaned, I expect - what's the best way to treat it, and keep it looking "new-ish".

Thanks,

/y0z
    I am at the same point right now, trying to figure out what needs to be painted black, what should be zinc-plated and what to leave (or restore to that state) in bare metal.

Am looking forward to pics!