Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W1 Sales levels

So that W2 went for £9494 and on that basis the current market price (as in real money in your pocket after selling it) for yours is around £10k in my opinion. More if you held out and/or got lucky, less if you were in a hurry. Not a good time of year to sell really.

Have a look through the williams register. There are a few cars that you can track going from what was a 2 - 3k car that is now up at 8 - 10k due to the demand rising.

What was the highest price paid for a williams Ayli ?

Forum User
    There was that W2 at 4star classics for 15k GBP.

Several cars in Europe have gone for 25+k EUR at auction.

http://www.artcurial.com/en/asp/full...refno=10591062
    https://www.artcurial.com/en/asp/ful...refno=10581239

26k Euros, in February 2017, for a 22k km W1 in absolutely original condition, is very very different to a 70k miles W1 which has been repainted in Autumn 2017. If 0014 came on the market I wouldn't price it at less than £30k. Very different cars.

I'm not sure how the European market is - more LHD cars sold, larger potential market, who knows?

The 4star W2 and this Ebay one show, I think, a current greater acceptance of the W2 than you might expect. After all, you wouldn't go to the trouble of mocking up a 16V and passing it off as a W2, you'd go the whole hog and make it a W1 and stick an outrageous price on it. And I think that at the moment there are more drivers than investors buying them, partially because of the nervousness inherent in investors about getting ripped off. (More fool them, I say.)

The OP asked for an opinion on price, at the moment, and I'd stick by my tracking that Ebay auction as fairly close to the realisable price for his car as described. In the long term the W1 will be 'the one', but I think it's a little simplistic to say that now, as well as being rather sad.

Personally I think it's unlikely they'll be a real classic car hit in the foreseeable future, but that is my opinion, and also in a way a hope. People don't drive investments.

Forum User
    Ayli, have a look at the two links I pasted. 26k EUR is not the record.

The first link is the "absolutely" original W1 you mention - which I wouldn't call absolutely original. The gold filled bump strips, the incorrect Williams stickers, the additional Renault badge and 16S boot strip on the boot. Really don't know why these easy to fix changes weren't fixed prior to the auction. Think it could have gone for more.

The second link is a W2, which looks to be more "absolutely original" and, despite 10k km more and being a W2 (albeit one of the numbered ones), went for more than the W1, at 27.4k EUR (Oct 2016).

Also - wonder how much Renault UK paid to get 0001 back
    Last edited by mrodz; 01-11-2017 at 13:37.

A couple of very good W2 or W3 sold for over 20K at Classic Cars or Fast Classics....i thought I had kept a pic but couldn't locate it.

I'm sure Northy would remember these...maybe a couple of years ago now.

Regards Ian
    Last edited by ianbirch; 01-11-2017 at 19:30.

The highest I've seen is the 2 W2's that sold for £22k & £24k about 2 years ago now.

There's a couple of threads on here about them iirc, 1 of those cars was bought at auction for £16k after fees etc before being sold on for 22 or 24k - can't quite remember which off the top of my head

i was just wondering if i had missed any - but the Williams 2 & 3 were the highest ones i have seen for sale for a while.

Paying 20k for a Williams in a few years will seam cheap guys lol

Forum User
    How are Williams 2 & 3's going for more than the Williams 1? That doesn't make sense.

Do you think that's because there are more of those going for sale in the recent market, and those with Williams 1's are sitting tight?

has anyone seen a W1 sold?