Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Watch out if you're using the full sill as it will be a non-16v item so isn't the same length

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    Watch out if you're using the full sill as it will be a non-16v item so isn't the same length
    Good point, well made 😀

I meant the front part of the car behind the headlights etc but That's great mate I'm gonna be fitting 2 complete new sills so chopping them and using ur measurements will be perfect,also gonna fit 2 complete arch repair panels.the car has had 2 new sills and 2 new archs done in the last year by what can only be described as stevie wonders first day at panel beating

Car is a right mess but because of the lack of projects for sale and the rise in value I thought I'd save this one,looking forward to the many surprises in rot I find along the way but will try and post pics and progress for anyone interested

I'll also get some pics of the current sills and archs that some moron has fitted and he owned a bodyshop apparently.

Will the non 16v/Williams sill just need cutting down and matching the rear arch,is there any resto threads available so I can see what the work is involved in modifing the poverty spec arch and poverty sill panel

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_clio View Post
    the car has had 2 new sills and 2 new archs done in the last year by what can only be described as stevie wonders first day at panel beating

he owned a bodyshop apparently.
    I wonder if the same guy did the arches & sills on my Valver

The non-16v sills are longer is all so just a simple case of cutting them down

It could well have been the same guy the guy I got the car off paid £1000 for the work as well it's shocking

Have you still got your valver paddy,any pics always loved a valver especially the turbine wheels

Oh I've still got it, that's not leaving my posession until I'm dead

Lovely looking example and I've not seen many in that steel grey sort of color,what's that lurking in the garage looks a tasty track car

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_clio View Post
    Lovely looking example and I've not seen many in that steel grey sort of color,what's that lurking in the garage looks a tasty track car
    It's lovely as long as you don't look closely It's original (apart from the arches & sills that have been done 3 times ) only 1 old lady owner since it was 6 months old which is the main reason I wanted it.

Yeah it is a tasty track car, overbored & high comp Williams block with forged rods, megane head, piper 300 cams with uprated valve springs & retainers, solid lifters, 172 gearbox with gripper diff, wilwood 4 pts with 300mm discs. It's only 225bhp atm but ready to go back to EFI Parts for some more mapping as there were a few issues limiting what could be done since it got rebuilt. The old setup was 240bhp on milder cams but that blew up at Castle Combe back in 2014

I've got a build thread on here but the photos are now useless with photobucket stopping their 3rd party image hosting

Here's the 2 together in the paddock at Donington

I know what you mean this Williams I've got is on its second set of sills and arches and I'm about to put the 3Rd on but fo it properly this time

I'll have to check that build thread out looks a quality motor that I bet don't hang about,225bhp in a car that light is more than enough bet not much kept uo with that