Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Inner and outer sills and archs

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting both inner and outer sills for both sides and both archs.just bought a Williams 2 and needs plenty of welding to save it but I work in a bodyshop and not scared of loads of work if it means saving another Williams

Any help greatly appreciated,I know you can't get flared archs but what's the alternative

The alternative is to shape the non flared arches with good old fashioned panel beating skills, the best place most people have used is http://www.carz2.co.uk/renault-16473-c.asp

Great thanks mate I'm a beater myself so the arches will be good shaped with a standard panel.inly thing I can't find is inner sills but I'll try and make some if not

Once you remove the outer sills you will see that the inner sills are dead easy to re-create. You dont need to buy replacement sections 👍

Thanks Phil I'm actually a panel beater myself but been years since I've fabricated anything lol.do you know if I make the rear archs where they attach to the outer quater once I've flared the new sections.i don't think the quarters are folded over the inner arch and I'd like to make it as good as possible.also where does the flare start and end on the archs as I have the repair panels for the standard clio.

Cheers in advance

The best way that I can help you is by locating some measurements that I took of the original sill flair before I took it off the car.
    you could use these to recreate the end of sill correctly.
    I'll have a look now and see if I can find them on my ipad, I'm feeling a bit rough and need to get my head down so if I cant locate it in the next few minutes I'll post tomorrow.

OK, I found them.
    You may need to print these out so you can work out my logic (It makes sense to me).
    I took all these measurements from original bodywork and as you will see I measured from the bottom of the swage line to the vertical point of the sill lip.

I hope that this helps 👍
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking at the drawings after posting, I would ignore the first one and go with the more detailed measurements which I did in steps.

That is spot on mate I really appreciate that that will help me perfectly,I'm gonna fit the whole sills and as much of the repair arches as possible.really appreciate that mate top man

The front is quite rotten too and inner archs etc so it's got a hell of a lot of work to be done probably not worth it but the work will be done myself and I'd rather save another Williams than break it for parts

The front of the sill is as per the MK1 Clio std sill, so no problem for you.
    As mentioned above, the inner sill is an easy fix.