Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve harman View Post
    Will just have to get one made 

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    There were a couple of thresds on here about getting some plaques made up. Not sure if you can still get them but if you do let me know as I'd be up for one!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy C View Post
    There were a couple of thresds on here about getting some plaques made up. Not sure if you can still get them but if you do let me know as I'd be up for one!
    Will do 😁

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Subscribed Member IRISH-WILLIAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy C View Post
    i just want to say, my thread was never ment to be about getting plaque's made for the 2/3, it was just a query about quantities of genuine plaque's,

i personaly dont see the point of putting an unfficial plaque on a car, if that was the case my R5 raider is 0001

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH-WILLIAMS View Post
    it seams there was some left hand drive cars with below 400 plaques, looking at the register, but the french cars with the 6000+ numbers is whats puzzling,

its like renault just attached them to all the early cars with not much system or order,

I've posted on this matter a few times here. It seems the very high numbered, ph2 Williams is an Italy only thing (not France). The numbers are usually high 5k / low-high 6k. I do not recall ever having seen a Williams numbered in the 4k, which almost makes me think the original run was ~3.8k (if you look in the register, the last ph1 numbered car here is 3806), with Renault Italy then doing another run, most likely starting with a 5xxx. So everything seems to more or less stack up with the ph1 numbers.

I've personally added one numbered ph2 to the register, number 6878, very nice and cared for car Also seen photos of a supposedly new, never registered ph2 - no. 6206.

Subscribed Member IRISH-WILLIAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodz View Post
    I've posted on this matter a few times here. It seems the very high numbered, ph2 Williams is an Italy only thing (not France). The numbers are usually high 5k / low-high 6k. I do not recall ever having seen a Williams numbered in the 4k, which almost makes me think the original run was ~3.8k (if you look in the register, the last ph1 numbered car here is 3806), with Renault Italy then doing another run, most likely starting with a 5xxx. So everything seems to more or less stack up with the ph1 numbers.

I've personally added one numbered ph2 to the register, number 6878, very nice and cared for car Also seen photos of a supposedly new, never registered ph2 - no. 6206.
    yes this makes sense, but how did Italy get a concession to make most of its 2's numbered? i'm sure they already had access to the numbered 1's for sale?

Forum User
    Typical... as soon as I post something, I get proven wrong :D Here we go, #4536... for sale at a mere 49k EUR

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/r...b871?cldtidx=1

Just had a look at the Clio Williams Wiki entry, it says

"In 1993, Renault launched the Clio Williams as a limited edition of 3,800 cars (1,300 more than they needed for homologation purposes) with each car bearing a numbered plaque on the dash. These sold out so quickly that Renault ended up building 1,600 more."

.. which would mean a total of 5400 for the W1, not 3800. Yes, still doesn't explain the Italian >6k though....

Forum User
    Interesting post currently going on on the Italian Renault / Clio page. Lot of high numbers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580...7049376668068/

As fatboy said they were not all numbered at the same time in the same sequential order.

There are some duplicate numbers with one car being RHD and the other LHD.

Highest one i have seen was a 7000 numbered plaque.