Newbie here from South Wales w1 not on you're list

Hey guys new to the site,

I have my eyes set on a Williams 1on 69k all original but it's looking worse for ware. It needs a full restoration rear arches cut out and a full blow over and wheels refurbed and a deep interior detail.

It's been off the road for 5 years in my mates garage he's had plans to restore it but haven't got the time and needs the space. It's number #0319 witch is not on you're list. I haven't asked what paper work comes with the car but will be sitting down with him in the next week or two

What's the most common problems on the Williams 1 to look out for any information would be great

Thanks Thomas

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas88 View Post
    Hey guys new to the site,

I have my eyes set on a Williams 1on 69k all original but it's looking worse for ware. It needs a full restoration rear arches cut out and a full blow over and wheels refurbed and a deep interior detail.

It's been off the road for 5 years in my mates garage he's had plans to restore it but haven't got the time and needs the space. It's number #0319 witch is not on you're list. I haven't asked what paper work comes with the car but will be sitting down with him in the next week or two

What's the most common problems on the Williams 1 to look out for any information would be great

Thanks Thomas
    Once you get the front end and wings off you'll likely find more rot :( i would plan for engine out and full overhaul at same time. Doing it yourself you should budget at least 3k excl any paint work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by W1LL14M5 View Post
    Once you get the front end and wings off you'll likely find more rot :( i would plan for engine out and full overhaul at same time. Doing it yourself you should budget at least 3k excl any paint work.

What ever it needs I'm going to get it done but I've been told it's a solid chassis underneath because it's always been kept in a garage what is a Williams 1 on 69k worth that needs work

Forum User
    It's a weird market at the moment....some will say 2k..
    .some 3.5k....others 10k most would be looking at 3k max if it needs welding and bodywork

Forum User
    Also mileage, number of owners and full clean history make a world of difference!

Im a newbie just got my williams 3 was a barn just had its first wash in years

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk