Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Probably selling Williams

Not sure if this is of interest to any buyers or fellow clubbers, but I am about 90% sure that I will sell 0217 soon.

I've owned it about 9 years now and done 50k miles and a few trackdays. Had some great times. Met some great people. Got some awesome memories.

I could leave it in my garage and let it appreciate in value, but I always like being able to drive my 'fun' cars, so I know I wouldn't realistically do that.

I'd love to keep it and get it all mint again and hunt a bit more power, but right now I have several other priorities as I am looking to either sell my home or rent it out and so need to make space and clear car parts and get cash to redecorate etc.

I'll probably sell my other daily car as well, a Meg DCi, and grab a 172/182 to run about in for the time being to keep me amused.

As most of you know my Williams is partially stripped out and features a Nick Hill high compression forged engine, on ITB's. Rally spec n/a power It has a bunch of stuff like a Gripper mechanical LSD, 213 Catcams and vernier pulleys, Mocal oil cooler, Supersprint manifold and a Scorpion exhaust currently. It also has rare KW v2 Coilovers, with two sets of springs. One is for softer driving and the ones currently fitted are ones I had made, with much higher poundage. They are mated to AST solid adjustable top mounts. I've got some Oreca bucket seats in there, very light they are, with Turn One harnesses. I've stil lgot all the original interior as well inc. seats, in excellent condition.

The exterior needs some TLC. Bonnet needs a respray really due to stone chips as does front bumper. A few small dents that need removing. Rear nearside arch was repaired but has started to bubble again. Wasn't a great job so I wanted it redone anyway.

I'll do a proper add if I go ahead with sale after I get the MOT done, as it expired at the end of March I think:

Anyway. Just thought I'd put it out there. The big question is price, which is a toughie as the market is all over the place and the car, though awesome, is by no means perfect and needs a few bits like paint and the clutch upgrading as the new Williams one in it currently can't take the power/torque since I put the lightened TTV flywheel on it! It spins a bit at about 5k RPM with wide open throttle hehe :D

Forum User
    How much is it?

There is no price set yet, I am valuing it up and tehre are loads of variables like MOT and extra parts.

Forum User
    Do you have a ball park figure?

...sob...

I can understand, but as you say pricing it is tricky.

You may sell the car but you CAN'T leave the forum. OK?

Forum User
    I would be interested at the right price. Always wanted an original Williams.

watching...................

Putting it back to standard makes it more desireable to a bigger market which in turn maximises the value of it and selling the fancy stuff to others gets the most money in the shortest amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by Ayli Carper View Post
    ...sob...

I can understand, but as you say pricing it is tricky.

You may sell the car but you CAN'T leave the forum. OK?
    Don't worry!

It's looking more likely that I will break the car now instead and put a standard F7R in it. I don't think I would get a decent price for the car in relation to the value of parts in it.