Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    Brilliant, I'll try Renault first to be sure and to find out about availability.

BTW - I tried 'Renault Parts Direct' for fog lights, but they also said out of stock. Finally managed to get some, but these were last two this other company had... So it looks like they are not available anywhere anymore! The only trouble (I think) is that the ones I orderd have a black surround but I think the originals should have a clear surround (I'm not 100% sure as the ones on my car also have a black surround which means I think they are not original - I have a Williams 2 brochure which looks like the fog lights should have had a clear surround). Can someone confirm for me? (The geek in me needs to know if I'm sticking to original or not!!).

PS thanks for everyone's help so far...its really appreciated. Hopefully it'll only be a week or two now before my car is ready at which point I'll upload some new pics.

Hi Lee, I'm pleased that you got sorted, looks like parts are starting to get scarce now.
    You are slightly ahead of he at the moment, but if you have the originals, can you not swap the old (clear) surrounds for the black ones?

I'm clearly at risk of somebody correcting me here, best of luck with the resto

Lee, I maybe corrected also but i believe the clear surrounds were only supplied on W1 the W2 & W3 had black surrounds.

Cheers

yes as winters says

Williams 1 or phase 1 - Clear
    Williams 2 / 3 or phase 2 - Black

Forum User
    Thanks all - looks like it'll still be 'original' then!

Forum User

At the risk of becoming annoying my resto saga continues (I think), so the picture is what I've been sent as a fog light for my W2....but it doesn't look right to me (the car is in the body shop so I can't compare). Please can someone confirm if it's right or wrong.

Also, I wanted some door mouldings (external, between the glass and the door - garage called it 'window scraper' moulding when I asked what the technical name was!). Renault don't have them and I can't seem to find any on line, so does anyone have any ideas for this please. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like a lower spec Clio fog light to me

As for the window scrapers, which ones do you need? I've got some good ones spare but they're for the inside of the car

Forum User
    Hi, yes the fog light is not OEM and whilst it looks like it would fit the hole the lens doesn't look like the right shape to me.

For window scrapers, I need the ones for the outside of the doors. Thanks.

Lee, the one above is wrong...

These are the style you need to source for your W2.... unfortunately they are showing out of stock, maybe worth a phone call though.

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/1292695
    http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/1292696

Cheers,
    Lee

I've just received 4 genuine fog lights from a customer of mine who is a Renault dealer and a full original exhaust with all clamps etc etc - he sourced the lights from Germany. I'm a very happy man.

Think I may keep the 2 spare lights though just in case.